Airtel mobile service at Bangalore SUCKS

ismailmuhisin

ISP
TATA
If you are taking a new mobile connection at Bangalore please go for Vodafone or BSNL..I was an airtel customer for past 5 years and its never been this terrible.my office is at MG road and house at austin town, and the service at these places is terrible..Problems:1.whenever power goes, the network goes.2. When u make a call (even when it shows full tower), the call gets connected and all u hear is your own echo.. offcourse you will be charged for this nonsense..3. Inspite of being a regular customer of airtel prepaid dont even think of getting any offers. these days they dont even put full talktime offers also.. I have pointed out only a few problems but believe me its worser... ive switched to vodafone and my friend to BSNL and the service much better.

How can network go when power goes:S:S

Ya, that's what I am trying to figure out! 😛

They dont use generator at all for most of their mobile towers here.
So when the power goes, tower shuts down,.

How can network go when power goes:S:S

Someone i knew used to face the same on her hostel. But i thought that was because her hostel (college as a whole) was in a desolate place in TN. But the same happening in Bangalore city??

It may be an isolate incident, been using airtel services in bangalore for last 5 years, never faced any issue, it's one of the best providers in Karnataka 😗

They dont use generator at all for most of their mobile towers here.
So when the power goes, tower shuts down,.

Omg this is happening in a city like Bangalore? 😱

Me never came across such a problem.

Airtel, I think it is one of the best (or The Best) in Bangalore /karnataka at the moment....Recently had issues with network busy.. Heard it is sorted out to an extend... And power issues may be only for that particular tower where he lives (Battery/Generator backup maynot be working).. Happens in my native, if power goes for two-three days continuously.. (BSNL tower goes dead) 😀

well ya! it's quite surprising that these kinda things happens with Airtel..There are perhaps the best network provider in India.In Delhi they provide excellent service and network.It might be that airtel is not aware of this issue, so call them and make a complaint.Am sure they will resolve it soon.

This is not isolated incident in Bangalore.I am facing the same problem for last two years.I stay in Pay Layout, Bangalore. When BESCOM power supply is available, my mobile shows full signal. Good, my mobile is attached to nearest cell site.but, when there is power cut in the area, my mobile shows really weak singal. seems like Airtel's cell cite nearer to my home doesn't have power backup. so at the time of power failure my mobile has to find Airtel's another tower and getting attached to a tower which is not intended to serve my area and hence signal strength is low.another issue that if power fails while I am on a call, my call fails too.Yes, Airtel is best in Karnataka. I donot have any issue other than this. but this issue is not something that I can ingnore. the other day when I was attending a meeting from home, I had to join conf call multiple times when there were multiple power failures in an hours time in my area.Again, this is not may not be the case everywhere in Bangalore.So, if you are evaluating possibility to go with Airtel, buy a prepaid sim try it at your home and office/business and then go for full pledged connection only if you didn't find any issues after trying it for good amount of time.I donot think Airtel prepaid costs much(I am not sure about signup costs).Airtel is worth trying. in my last four years in bangalore, I have evaluated Reliance and Vodafone for my second mobile connection(for my family). what I can tell is Reliance and Vodafone sucks in Bangalore.

Am using Airtel and BSNL in Bangalore in an area where power cuts are a daily issue (2 to sometimes 12+ hours 😛). I have never faced a problem of signal going down with power cuts.Having used Airtel, Vodafone and BSNL, I would rate Airtel being the best of the lot in regards to network compared to other 2, atleast in Bangalore.

I had registered this issue with airtel customer service begining of this year. The problem still persists and time to time they call me and check if the issue is resolved. If I ask them what have they done to resolve the issue, they hangup. Looks like they are just waiting for me to get fed uo one day and say it is resolved so that they can close the call.

I agree, even i am facing the same problem by kanakapura road(subramanya pura) and i have lodged a complaint too, no actions yet as i see the problem still persists.

I moved from vodafone to airtel considering the speed of the data network in my friend's device but now i have started to feel like a wrong step.

Very soon i will shift back if this problem continue to screw my patience