Sify Broadband logout problem

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,299

rahul

Hi,i am using sify broadband unlimited 48 Kbps....and for the past 2 weeks or so i have been expierencing a lot of problems from sify ( nothing new though) But this time it is really irritating...I get logged out every 30 mins . Even when i am downloading something. It just goes off without any warning. When i click the broadband client and log off it says log off failure. Invalid sessionWhen I complained to Sify they told me to switch off my firewall and it was happening bcs of that . I have no intentions off switching off Zonealarm after reading the forum especially..Any suggestions what could be the cause of this problem ?Bcs i have no hopes that sify will be able to diagnose my problem..And for heaven's sake save me from Sify ! !Thanks for reading..Bye

This is a very common problem that most of us on Sify have faced. Here are the things you could do :-

1) Call Customer Care again and ask them to disable "Heartbeat" for your connection
OR
If you're using the Windows Operating System, go to to the folder C:\Windows\Sify Broadband (@$$uming your Windows OS is installed on the C: Drive). There you'll find a file called HBSBeat.exe. Either rename it to HBSBeat.exe.old by right clicking on it and selecting Rename, or delete it completely.

Another thing you could do is open your Zone Alarm window, go to Program Control and you'll see a listing of all your programs that have accessed the internet. If you don't see them click on the Programs Tab located on top. From the listing Block the listings HBSBEAT.EXE and hbsbeat.exe under both Access and Server categories by left-clicking on them and selecting Block.

2) Again inside your C:\Windows\Sify Broadband folder open a file called BBand. From it note down the Server IP listed under the heading [HBS]. Now in your Zone Alarm go to Firewall and click on the Zones Tab. There click on the Add button located on bottom right and select IP Address. Then in the Dialog Box that opens up select "Trusted" for Zone, enter the Server IP that you noted in the IP Address field and enter a Description for it lastly, for eg. just the word Sify. Now click on OK and then on Apply.

These steps ought to solve your getting logged out automatically after 30 minutes problem. Best of luck 😉

And yeah, never disable your firewall if you're a Sify customer, whether you are logged on and using the internet or not logged on 😉.

I guess opinions related to Sify BBand Client shud confined to BACKROOM. Anyway, gettin kicked out after 30 minutes or so (at times even after 3 minutes) r extra services provided by Sify along with their internet connection. U'll find ur way soon 😀