• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,799

netfreak

Regulars
ISP
Airtel GPRS EDGE + VSNL
The DivX codec has reached 6.1 and with the latest update comes some great speed improvements. DivX Labs: Single CPU will run anywhere from 14 to 80% faster than the 6.0 codec depending on the quality mode selected. At the same time, brand new support for HT, SMP, Dual Core, and Dual Core + HT CPUs allows for gains of up to 300%!

http://labs.divx.com/archives/000068.html

i have tried on most the codec's and DivX codecs have a problem with audio/vidoe sync for larger files.I would advice using Windows Media Video 9 VCM which provides much better compression and quality using Virtual dub.

I've had problems with DivX audio/video sync too! Thats why i stopped wasting time converting stuff.Thanks for you suggestion on WMV... I currently use a cool software called GXTranscoder. Does EVERYTHING.

DIvx doesnt hav problem with large files i encoded a dvd to 1.34 gb with divx adn ac3 audio it doesnt gets out of sync , if u still dont want that then u can try maybe Xvid 😀

divx is really bad with audio video synchro...if u use the "seek feature" in the player..the really new divx playersit usualyy trips the video gets way ahead of audio!

just tired WindowsMediaPlayer 9!it Rocks! all codecs (the 1's i tried!) works like a charm

"ACE Mega CoDecS Pack" its much heavier! (it is very slow...not physical space)why itw are there so many codecs? what is wrong with these ppl?mpeg4 was good enuf!