Have Sify Introduced more "unlimited" packs

• Thread starter Thread starter frustrated
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,495
as per surjeet all the limitations are gone.

The limits are still there : * 1 Month Unlimited / Upto 96kbps * Speed: Upto 96Kbps+ * Validity: 1 MonthNote that they say upto 96 Kbps !!! (dont ask me what that plus stands for)

upto does not means they is any bandwidth restriction. they just removed the concept of minimum speed. better than before when they said 48kbps+ and than applied 75megs a day hidden limit.

Upto 96 kbps could also mean that the speed could drop to 15 kbps and it could be claimed by Sify that we have specified the upper speed limit and not the lower one.

Well I definitely feel there is a bandwidth limit in each of these upto packs however they might have removed the data transfer limit though......an upto 96 kbps pack wont give u speeds of 128 kbps.......

Originally posted by Guest@Dec 8 2004, 11:20 PM
Upto 96 kbps could also mean that the speed could drop to 15 kbps and it could be claimed by Sify that we have specified the upper speed limit and not the lower one.
[snapback]2983[/snapback]
[/quote]

yup. they have a good excuse now. earlier they did not have coz they could not have given in writing that there was a hidden 75megs limit. i tried hard but none of the customer guys wrote that in a mail. i even got a call from delhi office explaining that.

Originally posted by frustrated@Dec 8 2004, 09:14 AM
http://sify.com/mall/category.php?pid=13169222

64kbps & 96kbos unlimted (not shared)
i spoke with the cto , he says there is no download 75mb restriction on this.

[snapback]2957[/snapback]
[/quote]

Unlimited packs r still shared. Ur CTO is dreamin too much, i guess.

Originally posted by hawkeye@Dec 8 2004, 10:08 AM
The limits are still there :

* 1 Month Unlimited / Upto 96kbps
    * Speed: Upto 96Kbps+
    * Validity: 1 Month

Note that they say upto 96 Kbps !!! (dont ask me what that plus stands for)
[snapback]2961[/snapback]
[/quote]
U mean they shud remove these limits also wich u have just mentioned above ?
ROFLOL !!!!

Looks like he has recently started using Sify.....just wait till their next price revision..... u'll be surprised (n others will be shocked 😛 )

Well my BA frm sify uses switches nd all and responds to my call even at 10:30 ,lolIm satisfied with Sify Bcoz of the services he provides

upto 96 Kbps That is typical SickFyDOnt buy this pack, im sure its almost the same as 48+ (in other words, as sh*t as the 48+)

@ultraR u satisfied coz of ur CTO or coz of Sify ?these r two different things 😛Neway.......i was told limitations r gone...but today i personally felt limitations r very much in place as i was gettin 2-3 KBps speed on my old 895 pack.I guess this keyword UPTO holds the key to make a very gud excuse so that users dont say they r cheatin with hidden things like limits.....

The limits are still in place for me too. What I thought was that if they are really removing the limits then maybe the limits won't be there anymore once we renew our packs or buy a new one. Maybe just not yet on our already existing packs.

Damn... I asked my CTO to auto renew my pack each month and he gave me a upto 48 rs 450 pack... anyway i'll check it out, if the limits truly are gone then it'd be better, as a constant 5-6 kbps is better than 7-8 uptill 75mb, and then 2-3.Ah... if if's and but's were pots and pans ...