Good bitorrent client

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 5,794
bitcomet dis regards the DHT flag thats why it is getting banned 😛utorrent is the current best out there , ABC is also good if u wanna try out.

u can try utorrent tried it for a few days not as fast as bitcomet to me so back to bitcomet and i think utorrent takes time to connect and the speed fluctuation is very high but its a good client needs a bit more tweaking i think so

there is an option in advacned iption to speed up the connect rate and cpu usage if u set it to true then it wuld be as fast as bitcomet is.

yeah i tried that but still i personally found bitcomet connects faster and the amount of data downloaded by bitcomet was higher in an hour compared to utorrent anyway have to check some other clients bitcomet having some probs with priv.. trackers bitcomet has reverted back to .59 from .60 at the official site :huh:

Watch out. The adv. of utorrent is that it is low on memory. but because of this, it has to read/write the data onto the HDD more often (than other Torrent clients)(obviously wearing it out). So this is a tiny problem...

Originally posted by ultra vires@Dec 18 2005, 05:36 PM
there is an option in advacned iption to speed up the connect rate and cpu usage if u set it to true then it wuld be as fast as bitcomet is.
[snapback]36287[/snapback]
[/quote]
can you tell me what should i set? i have pentium III and 190 mb ram and i dont do anything on computer when the download is on.

Watch out. The adv. of utorrent is that it is low on memory. but because of this, it has to read/write the data onto the HDD more often (than other Torrent clients)(obviously wearing it out). So this is a tiny problem...[/b]

Right .. but its not a problem unless u have a very fast 2-3 mbps connection and u download alot ... in that case it will use hard disk alot ....

bugmenot..

see in advanced options there is a entry 'net.low_cpu' select it and click false then press ok ....
it wont use 80-90% cpu dont worry .. it just uses a little more than normal .. besides u can try ad see the usage from taskmanager and if u think its too high then just disable it again

yes u can try it , but no use of it if u really ask me , coz some private trackers ban u if u send requests too often.

uTorrent 1.6.1 build 490 stable release is the best at the momment.Has anyone tried Zudeo? The program that comes with Azureus?

i end up using ktorrent on ubuntu as azereus just wont work for me and is of course damn slow. any recommendations for the linux platform?