• Thread starter Thread starter NeO
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,953

NeO

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 849NU
I live in CBD Belapur thats in New bombay.I have a question that how can i connect to other users of sify within my lanHey dudes,reply soonMy ip address is 10.12.172.28

disable firewall and u should be able to see the computers on the local network from network neighborhood. it depends upon how your local network is configured actually. i sometime myself is unable to access it.

nopes...not necessary.....if there are pc's in ur workgroup u may bable 2 see them..u may not....though if u have friends on same network..u can install borgchat..its a lan chat and file sharing program...

O yes..he is really new...otherwise he wudnt have been sayin "NEED HELP"🙂I guess he'll get over it soon 😀

download languard lan net scanner.open it > put in your ip range 10.12.172.1 - 10.12.172.255this will show you all the comps on your lan , including loads of info , & their shared drives if any.do a netsend * so that everyone in your workgroup knows u wanna swap stuff , if someone opposite is intellignet enough to send you a net send back , your in luck.download & run a ftp server , such as serv-u , for swapping large files over lan.you wanted to connect to users on your lan . connect to ? as in what ? transfer files ?

Originally posted by frustrated@Dec 10 2004, 08:38 AM
you wanted to connect to users on your lan .
connect to ?  as in what ? transfer files ?
[snapback]3042[/snapback]
[/quote]
Probably to try to hack into them.....
Sorry I'm feeling really cynical right now.
Thanks for borgchat.

Don't know about that, but I believe a firewall can take care of incoming net send messages 🙂

its a service that is enabled on default installations of win2k and above versions... u can disable it from system services. i actually find a great guy on my old connection through an online netsend war session. later we used to have fun getting access to CTO's admin panel and play with it.

well get one thing in ur mind not every one protects their comp. from virus or worms many people on ur lan would have viruses and worms on their drives i know this from personal experienceand like u wanna break in others computers , some one would be there who wanna break into ursand u maynot find something useful at all on others comp.so my suggestion to us just download zone alarm security suiteand set it to maximum protection. and protect ur comp