Hub in Pune ? IPMessenger/Borg users ?

chetanthaker

CeeTee
ISP
Pacenet Shitty 128k Unlimited
Hey guys

I'm in Bhosale Nagar in Pune and I'd like to know if thre are any hubs available to connect to.

Also I keep sending net send messages encouraging people on my lan (around 20-odd on my L:AN) to download IPMessenger (www.ipmsg.org) and BorgChat

But these guys dont seem to either respond, or are just ignorant (EVERYONE hates these kinda people...)

Plesae do let me know if you know of any hub in Pune

Regards

CeeTee

Sending those messages randomly isn't a good idea. They might think you hacked their computer even when this is not the case. I mean think about it, suddenly a message pops up from who knows where telling you to download something. Would you have followed it? You probably have to meet the people some other way then ask if they have the same connection as you....

Originally posted by chetanthaker@Dec 12 2005, 01:00 PM
(EVERYONE hates these kinda people...)
[snapback]35391[/snapback]
[/quote]

if i were on your network. i would be hating people like you.

HeyI respect what you say.. but what are the other ways one can think of ? 🙂Please do help If need be, I do not mind hosting a hub from my end tooCeeTee

I did not really understand what you saidCould you pls elaborate ?If anyone agrees, we can try with me hosting a hub and people joining inCeeTee

Simple.My IP address is 10.30.14.xBut I can't ping 10.30.9.1. I used to be able to, but now I can't.In fact, I can't even ping anyother 10.30.14.y! On times, I still can, but even then 10.30.9.1 is unavailable.

try 10.30.19.1pm me so we can talk to each other so we can try to find out what th eproblem isCeeTeechetanthaker [at] gmail [dot] comor chetanthaker [at] hotmail [dot] com

There is no problem as such - Sify has just blocked all intra-LAN connections. It is easy enough, due to the switched nature of their network. (Actually this is probably the work of the paranoid CTOs around here). There is no way around it, so you might as well give up.

Can anyone Ping the servers of other PCs when they jump IPs ??Like for eg, my server address is 10.30.19.1and my friends' is 10.30.86.1I tried jumping IPs, but couldn't ping the serverWhat about you guys ??CeeTee