Bigflix

dark_horizon

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 849 NU
ICICI credit cards currently offers a discount of 40 % on bigflix subscription. So the yearly subscription of bigflix runs upto Rs 1800. That too with unlimited movies and one movie at a time.Wanted to know, if this ofer is worth it. If anyone over here has subscribed to bigflix, plzz let me know about the service.

I have heard the service is good, personally i haven't tried the same as i download most of the stuff :thumb:

As hard as they try, they will never have a good enough movie collection. If you only watch mainstream "blockbuster" type movies, then it would be okay. But if you like off-beat, not so popularly known movies, then you are better off downloading.

Thanx for the replies....But i want to know about its service. Anyone over here a bigflix subscriber ??

i used seventymm. service is generally good for these types of services, so i wud suggest u give it a try! :thumb:

i (actually my dad) have subscribed to bigflix. pretty good service. they have a huge collection too. have a look at their website. not only hindi, but a lot of english stuff too.if you are getting a yearly subscription for 1800, id say its worth it.they coold have thought of a different name atleast. lol they just copied netflix. 😛

I had it for six months and I found it much better than Seventymm. I am going to re-subscribe to them soon!

I clearly don’t know where to start this review with. Everything about BigFlix is a screw-up. Right from the membership plans and movie collection to the service. I took the membership couple months back & the headache never seems to stop. First it was the delivery promises, next was the incompetent systems and totally useless customer service, then the frauds which they commit. It is a disgrace to the existing movie rental services. Everything you see and hear about BigFlix is pathetic. I will list down the complaints I have had in the past 2 months. • At the time of signing up for a membership, I was told that they have excellent logistics systems & if I place a movie in queue before 10 AM on any given day, the movie will be delivered by 1400 hours same day. But this never happens. I place the request before 10 AM every time & I get the movies only by 1800 hours or even the next day at times. • BigFlix systems are so outdated and useless that the account is not updated. Forget real-time updation, there is not even a delayed updation. It takes 4-5 hours for the systems to be updated.• I signed up for the membership using my credit card and I remember very clearly that I did not opt for an auto-debit. But during the closing stages of the 1st month membership, I find an auto-debit instance in my account. I very clearly remember that I did not opt-in for auto-debit as I am not pro-auto debit payments. I had various interactions with the customer care and managed to record one such conversation. After these interactions my auto-debit was disabled. But now coming to the close of the 3rd month renewal I find the auto debit instance enabled in my account. How can an organization like Reliance indulge in a fraud as cheap as this? It’s not legal to indulge in such practices without the consent of the customer. • Queue is a facility wherein I line up movies according to my preference in my account so that they will be delivered on return of the movies which I took earlier. And I have lined up my queue in such a way that the priority is given to movies which are more than 5 years of release. But I found these movies though they are indicated as available never delivered to me. On questioning I was told that someone else might have taken those movies & BigFlix is waiting for the movies to be delivered. Movies like Shawshank Redemption, Lock, Stock & 2 smoking barrels took at least a month to be delivered. How many members in Bangalore would want to watch the same movie at the same time? The probability is very less. This means BigFlix site reflects movies that they don’t have and they respond in a clumsy manner when asked about this. • Some movie prints are really bad that they look like pirated copies rather than Original movies as claimed by BigFlix. Movies like Shawshank redemption, Bourne Ultimatum, Mungare Male were very bad that most of the movie has bad quality print. • Customer care is really pathetic as these guys don’t understand the problems. They seem to lack communication skills in understanding the issue at hand. • The response time taken to resolve an issue is by far the worst service. You keep getting auto generated replies till you realize that the compliant made is just not worth the wait. Only merit which I seem to note is the courteousness of the runner (deliver boys). They are very polite & calm natured.I clearly don’t know where to start this review with. Everything about BigFlix is a screw-up. Right from the membership plans and movie collection to the service. I took the membership couple months back & the headache never seems to stop. First it was the delivery promises, next was the incompetent systems and totally useless customer service, then the frauds which they commit. It is a disgrace to the existing movie rental services. Everything you see and hear about BigFlix is pathetic. I will list down the complaints I have had in the past 2 months. • At the time of signing up for a membership, I was told that they have excellent logistics systems & if I place a movie in queue before 10 AM on any given day, the movie will be delivered by 1400 hours same day. But this never happens. I place the request before 10 AM every time & I get the movies only by 1800 hours or even the next day at times. • BigFlix systems are so outdated and useless that the account is not updated. Forget real-time updation, there is not even a delayed updation. It takes 4-5 hours for the systems to be updated.• I signed up for the membership using my credit card and I remember very clearly that I did not opt for an auto-debit. But during the closing stages of the 1st month membership, I find an auto-debit instance in my account. I very clearly remember that I did not opt-in for auto-debit as I am not pro-auto debit payments. I had various interactions with the customer care and managed to record one such conversation. After these interactions my auto-debit was disabled. But now coming to the close of the 3rd month renewal I find the auto debit instance enabled in my account. How can an organization like Reliance indulge in a fraud as cheap as this? It’s not legal to indulge in such practices without the consent of the customer. • Queue is a facility wherein I line up movies according to my preference in my account so that they will be delivered on return of the movies which I took earlier. And I have lined up my queue in such a way that the priority is given to movies which are more than 5 years of release. But I found these movies though they are indicated as available never delivered to me. On questioning I was told that someone else might have taken those movies & BigFlix is waiting for the movies to be delivered. Movies like Shawshank Redemption, Lock, Stock & 2 smoking barrels took at least a month to be delivered. How many members in Bangalore would want to watch the same movie at the same time? The probability is very less. This means BigFlix site reflects movies that they don’t have and they respond in a clumsy manner when asked about this. • Some movie prints are really bad that they look like pirated copies rather than Original movies as claimed by BigFlix. Movies like Shawshank redemption, Bourne Ultimatum, Mungare Male were very bad that most of the movie has bad quality print. • Customer care is really pathetic as these guys don’t understand the problems. They seem to lack communication skills in understanding the issue at hand. • The response time taken to resolve an issue is by far the worst service. You keep getting auto generated replies till you realize that the compliant made is just not worth the wait. Only merit which I seem to note is the courteousness of the runner (deliver boys). They are very polite & calm natured.

How can an organization like Reliance indulge in a fraud as cheap as this?

reliance NEVER had a good reputation when it came to b2c services.

Am actually scared to go with Reliance product now :madness:

The ONLY way to judge this service, even if its costlier by a couple of 100 bucks, is to subscribe to them for a month or so before paying up for the yearly subscription.A month is a good enough time to find out about their promptness and efficiency.BTW: Anyone using any of these services in Dwarka, new delhi ?

my friend here in gurgaon is using them and is pretty happy with them. the only problem he has faced is that the dvds delivered by reliance are from different region codes so you need to have a region lock free player to run them all. most of them does not play on his computer.