Triband -- Connection pauses..?

• Thread starter Thread starter broadfast
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3,627
powdermonkey, you think it could be that bad?i did not think it was that serious...hmmm ... ill see!

PowderMonkey it does not happen always. If I talk to those exchange people they would not be able to give me a solution, instead they would call me with the router.Now if I take the router then the problem should occur in front of them otherwise they would say everything is alright.If things get worse then I have no other choice otherwise right now its ignorable!

Same here. Sometimes data transfer simply stops until I disconnect and reconnect (yep I switched sides to cyberwiz's reboot solution,thx 😛 ). The password authetication of connection is also taking too long; sometimes failing altogether. Looks like mtnl server end problem to me...surely my connection was rock solid and blazing fast a few days back.And btw this is not the first time. Happens once in a while (ummm maybe once in 2 months or so) ... maintenance activity probably. I'm not too worried.

Switch to ethernet, doodes.USB has known to cause lot of problems.Besides, one of your ports is also blocked😕Amogh

Hey I am on Ethernet connection since July, never tried with USB bec I know that Ethernet is much much better than USB. What ports are u talking about? If ur point about ports is correct then how does things work fine again just by restarting the router (i never need to restart the computer)

just ignore it and it will go away! 99% its the fault of the MTNL / BSNL people...

btw max's advice also works for neighbourhood barking dogs ...except the fault is MCD!

Oh! crap...i dont remember eithor!you know the govt setup that cleans drains,gets rid of straydogs, brings garbage trucks...in delhi that was called MCD....dunno what it is called here?Municipal Community Dohnut?

hey dudes.. the connection seems to be much better via ethernet, rather than the USB.apart from it, i have major doubt. When i connect the router to the USB, the connection takes place through the D-Link USB Remote NDIS Network Device, and not through my Ethernet LAN.So i set static ip address to the Ethernet LAN to run my local HUB through pacenet. And set automatic ip address to the NDIS USB n/w device, as its the requirement for the ADSL connection to work.So is that the major reason for my Triband to work HORRIBLE ?? guys, i can assure you that connection exists only for 5-10 minutes, and then halts until i again restart my router.If anyone has any clue.. pls respond.Regards Prasanna.