MTNL server time

• Thread starter Thread starter sam909
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 6,575

sam909

How can I know the time with MTNL servers so as to have my system clock synchronised with their's so as to have it correct for night usage

only if they prove the Network Time Service which is highly unlikely...

What diff does it make if u start 2 minutes early by mistake or end two minutes late? Anyways they work according to IST. Check out any news channel and u would get to know the IST>>>>

I think they automatically disconnect you once before start of night time and once after end of night time. So you need not worry about that.

The best way to know the MTNL server time:

1. Start ur session at 12:15AM according to ur system clock.
2. Wait for 2 mins and end the current session and start a new session.
3. Now in the second session, visit: http://register.bol.net.in and check ur session history. It wud show the date and timing 4 ur last session.
4. Note down the timing of the previous session. Say, for example the session will show sumwht like: 12:25AM - 12:27AM. According to this, when it was 12:15AM in ur system clock, it was 12:25AM at the server clock. So, adjust ur system clock accordingly.

Hope it helps............ 😛

Hi,Well I recently changed my plan to 590 NU so I have been regularly checking my usage pattern.I feel that the clock of MTNL server is ahead by 15 minutes as compared to IST. Today morning I switched off my PC at 7:55 AM and when I checked the usage details later, the time of disconnection was showing as 8:10 AM. I called up MTNL to enquire about this and was informed by them that the server might have disconnected late!! Cannot understand as to how that can happen..?? It seems there is a mismatch between IST and MTNL server.Anyway I have re adjusted the clock in my PC according to MTNL server.In any case if you cross the time limit, you only have to pay for the download during that extra time.Cheers..

ive noticed that since 1st march, mtnl has reset their server time. now the time is in exact sync with IST (give or take 45secs). cud anyone else confirm this? also, if mtnl has finally come to its senses(in solving one in a million problems) and has reset their server time, we will have to reset our schedulers too to prevent the router from connecting before 12am and disconnecting much earlier than 8am.

then i think the server time has only been sync-ed with IST in mumbai. can any mumbai-ite check this out?

i guess it is still two min fast.checked through atomic clock n bb in bridge mode

oh yeah...i forgot to mention. i had set my system clock to 2mins behind IST time. so akash is correct, the mtnl server time is behind by 2mins. but much better than before where the time diff wud be atleast 20mins!!! i hope they keep a constant check on their server time(like thats gonna ever happen 😛 )

Originally posted by yohu123@Mar 5 2006, 01:16 AM
ive noticed that since 1st march, mtnl has reset their server time. now the time is in exact sync with IST (give or take 45secs). cud anyone else confirm this? also, if mtnl has finally come to its senses(in solving one in a million problems) and has reset their server time, we will have to reset our schedulers too to prevent the router from connecting before 12am and disconnecting much earlier than 8am.
[snapback]43623[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes have noticed that too. Previously was something like 15 min. behind IST. Now is as per IST. Hope they keep it consistent.