Honda City

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 51,630
I thought Maruti was struggling to see Swift in the market after introduction of i10 and Amaze diesel?

Heh. Good for Maruti because Swift is definitely an inferior product compared to the competition today. Having owned two Swifts I can safely say that Maruti's build quality is quite sad.
The more interesting fact was that Honda sold less than 50 units of City last month 😀

chromaniac said:
The more interesting fact was that Honda sold less than 50 units of City last month 😀
Almost everybody knew new city was comming (infact i postponed my purchase because of this information)

I had no idea 😀 I actually thought no one was buying city because it was such a bad purchase at the price.

Booked one. V MT iDTEC. Waiting period of ~3 months for this varient and golden brown metallic color in particular.Variant, fuel choice was based on safety features+ gizmos + mileage + kms I drive. Otherwise, I was all sold on VW Vento. TDed Honda and was impressed by unexpected urge of diesel engine. Yes, noise is there but its very acceptable. TDed Vento and Verna before but Honda feels better.

Almost 2 months since booking and I am yet to be acknowledged by SA about delivery of a car. Honda is going with the Ford Ecosport way.

Is it due to color ?
My friend booked a white one, don't remember the variant exactly, but was with music system and dual airbags.
He got it under 2 weeks, He took white one.
I drove and the iDTEC engine is smooth as butter,
I've always driven Petrol and tried many diesel hatchback of friends and always felt they need to be pushed, never drove diesel much but was certainly noisy and needed to be pushed.
However the iDTEC, changed my view about diesel engines, I drove the car when it was 7 days old, and did only 100 km in all, and still it was sooooo cooool
It changed the way I pictured diesel cars in my mind,
Also drove verna Earlier but this one certainly had more acceleration and the cockpit made me feel that
You are Flying and Not Driving it.
Lastly, I am Click-o-holic kinda guy and don't feel shy to click pics 😛layful:
http://postimg.org/image/3vtatzf3v/
http://postimg.org/image/47ar6qvjv/
http://postimg.org/image/3vtatzf3v/

Waiting period is due to a variant. There is hardly a month of waiting on bottom 3 variants. Some dealers have ready stock of those. My SA was initially pushing me for 3rd variant (SV MT) from bottom as they had ready stock. I guess you are talking about this variant as it also has dual airbags and music system but with smaller screen and 4 speakers. I was set on 4th variant (V MT) due to alloys and reverse camera mainly. There are so many little additional touches in this variant though and almost completes the feature set except sunroof and leather seat of top variant (VX). Waiting period quoted for V MT was 3 months and for VX, it was 5 months.

ghpk said:
Is it due to color ?

My friend booked a white one, don't remember the variant exactly, but was with music system and dual airbags.
He got it under 2 weeks, He took white one.
Its a SV variant. Can make out from lack of alloy wheels.