• Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 4,604

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
It has been extremely unfortunate that BSNL is acting in a highhanded manner. Little realizing that its actions are causing enough headache and delay at the consumer end.My fight has been to highlight BSNL’s monopolistic policies- either here on this website or in the Government circles.

After waiting for long enough for any action on ground, I was fed up. My earlier efforts to highlight the same in the media came to a naught. However, my complaint to the consumer organization under Ministry of Consumer affairs has drawn in some response.

I complained to CORE (Consumer Online Resource and Empowerment Centre) which prompted a senior manager to express his exasperation with BSNL. Despite sending BSNL across three mails, they chose not to respond to anyone of them.

The tact of the mail highlighted the high cost of access. Especially because the whole meaning of Broadband would restrict the choices for the consumers. I am forced to ration my access; the high cost of the same always looms in front of me. Why would they set up billing servers to monitor and log in every damned bit and byte out of my computer?

BSNL Broadband has already been “exposed”. Though at the end of it I fail to understand the logic behind not responding to a genuine query.

The text of the response from CORE is as follows:

Supported by: Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution,Department of Consumer Affairs, Govt. of IndiaManaged by: Consumer Coordination Council (CCC) .

Core Centre : Complaints / Core S-9 / 12 / 278 7th December , 05

TheManagingDirector ,B . S . N . L , Statesman House, B-148Barakhamba RoadNew Delhi-110 001

Dear Sir,

With regret we observe that you have not responded to our earlier two mails concerning complaint of Dr. Abhishek Puri which is once again attached for your ready reference

Even after providing ample opportunity to hear your side of the story, you have not bothered to respond to our complaint, which has established your willful intention not to take any initiative in resolving this complaint. Under such circumstances we have no other option but to advice the complainant to move towards seeking redress through the legal route.

We are now advising the complainant to contact our legal cell to do the needful to seek redressal at the earliest under the existing provisions of Law, without any further notice to you.We are also now going ahead to make your organization name public on our CORE Centre website www.core.nic.in under the link “ Beware of Such Organisation” All consequences and expenses incurred by us in this matter will be at your cost and liability.

Once again, we are alarmed with your attitude towards your customer and would not hesitate to go to any extent to provide relief to the Consumer.

Thanking You ,Yours sincerely ,Ashok KumarSenior Manager – Complaints Group

Cc : The Under SecretaryMinistry of Consumer Affairs,Food & Public Distribution,Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi.

I hope that it works out!

Last edited:
Very good initiative by Dr. Abhishek Puri but I could not find the link “Beware of Such Organisation” on the website : www.core.nic.in.

Great work Dr, for taking this initiative and exposing the PSU Giant...!