TRAI blames BSNL for stagnating broadband in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 5,770
Originally posted by Sushubh@Dec 11 2005, 01:38 PM
last time i heard vsnl was not owned by the government. and i doubt you can sue private companies for following anything unless they are a monopoly.
[snapback]35290[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hmm? Companies can be prosecuted for monopolising the market and following unfair trade practices. Thats just what VSNL is doing by keeping the prices higher for others while offering equivalent services at a lower cost but at a higher profit margin 😕

i mentioned the monopoly part. and VSNL is not a monopoly. i believe both bharti and reliance have their internatioal gateways.

Look guys this looks little sarcastic ............the only way we define broaband is 256 kbps and BSNL is giving it.Please don't complain about those dl/ul limit because my dear friends bandwidth does cost it never free, any where in the world.Yes BSNL is trying to a monopolic run all over india and they justify it,they own every thing from satellite to network.(every one depends on these sarkari babu's Airtel,VSNL,Reliance)But I always hate the ideato limited bandwidth..... really su***ngBut these guys have good speedy connection that makes it up

kambui - you arrived here from where? some african tribal village?good "speedy" connection makes it up? - 256kbps is NOT speedy my friend

Originally posted by kambui@Dec 13 2005, 03:14 PM
they own every thing from satellite to network.(every one depends on these sarkari babu's Airtel,VSNL,Reliance)
[snapback]35563[/snapback]
[/quote]

They don't own gateways. They hae to buy connectivity from VSNL / Reliance.

Originally posted by kambui@Dec 13 2005, 03:14 PM
Look guys this looks little sarcastic ............the only way we define broaband is 256 kbps and BSNL is giving it.Please don't complain about those
dl/ul limit because my dear friends bandwidth does cost it never free, any where in the world.

eh? Are you delusional? Internationally the "data transfer" doesnt cost. You are charged by speed and _not_ volume...

Well that all had to do with a business model... basically they save costs on billing, logistics and planning by assuming (and charging) a fixed cost for each user.

Guy which country do you live in USA Germany ,......no this is india who in the hell has better connection then BSNL here......tell me?In Kolkata BSNL is the cheapest and the other available connection isVSNL @ 64 kbps unlimited Rs 800 Reliance @ 128 dl/ul limit 1 GB 600Aliance @ 128 unlimited Rs 1000Yes max it free in other country in USA yahoo provides broadband @ 256 unlimited $ 26.50 tell me tht in our economy

economy? india is certainly doing better than USA. i refuse to accept that india is anyways inferior to USA.

Todays newsindia was supposed to have 30 lakh braod band susbscribers, it has only 7.5 lakhs!1 lakh triband,3 lakh bsnl,pvt have the rest!!

Originally posted by Sushubh@Dec 14 2005, 02:38 PM
economy? india is certainly doing better than USA. i refuse to accept that india is anyways inferior to USA.
[snapback]35689[/snapback]
[/quote]

Indian economy better then USA??

It will have to keep growing at 8% for 30 more years to do that in terms of GDP. Assuming that USA grows at just 2% per year.

And the history so far...

http://www.rediff.com/money/2003/oct/13shyam.htm

Doing better in what terms? GDP, Money spent on Primary Educational, Trade Balance, Money spent on social security

Or lets see it from a comman man's point of view.

Lets assume an average employee in India earns 20k per month (and that's way too generous then actual figure). And lets assume average employee in US makes $ 2k per month (actual figure is $37k per annum).

In India it will take 6 years for to buy a Toyota Corolla (Manufactured in India), In US it will take 1 Year (Imported from elsewhere).

Based on that calculate, how much education a normal person can afford, how much fuel a normal person can afford, how much food a normal person can afford and so on.....

Being Indian, none of these things are pleasent to think or talk about, but saying otherwise will be lying.

well the way things are right now, it gives me more security being an indian than an american.

i am talking about financial security. not the kind of security which relates to khoon kharaba.