26GB in 17 days

• Thread starter Thread starter bugatti
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 6,119
Haven't had much downtime but there has been some disconenctions.
I keep a log of my disconnections but looking at bsnl disconnections, not much. http://forum.seo4india.com/zee_broadband_d...s_log-t371.html Take a look at that link. Zee was absolutely pathetic.

I would rather have accept some downtime with a fast unlimited connection(bsnl 384k unlimited) rather than no downtime with a slow connection(bandwidth restricted 256k 1GB airtel).

bsnl customer care is kind of decent. You call up 1500 to register a complaint(and get a complaint no.) or call up your area manager. I usually directly call up my area manager if I have a disconnection.

I would say bsnl is more or less(90 %) similar to airtel customer care.

hmmm. downtime is a big issue with me. i wouldn't mind a slower connection with no downtime. guess i have to wait for someone in my city to get a connection before i get one myself.. thanks

hi,
bugatti this query is for u because uve used bsnl dataone, i dont download much but, i play a lot of games online 4hrs a day does bsnl charge for time online (ie does it come under upload and download limit). i am planning to take 256kbps home connection. i currently have 64 kbps connection

I am using Home 500 plan myself and have downloaded more than 2 GB since its installation 4 days back. But I am really worried about the download limit charge. Only one page at www.bsnl.co.in says that download is unlimited till 30th June. Is it confirmed? Have you talked with the concerned persons in BSNL to confirm this? I could have downloaded much more but what is holding me back is the fear that BSNL would send me a huge bill @Rs.2/MB. That could run into thousands of Rs. So far BSNL's service is excellent. Right now my phone is dead following the strike but Broadband is working at full speed!

thats right ul never know whats lurking behind this offer from bsnl, does the internet bill come with the telephone bill, is there any telephone usage charges like in netone(like how many minutes u are online

The packages are unlimited. You can saturate your up and downstream. So you can play games 24 hours a day if you want.

Read my earlier post in this thread

Actually, my post was for bsnl broadband users.. some people here have been scared to d/l more than the 2GB limit because their mindset is still stuck on the premise that the government does not and cannot provide such a thing as unlimited broadband(atleast till june 30).[/b]

That said.. today(march 25) my connection has been about 80kbps instead of atleast 320-340k. Websites were opening a little slow today but only when I started d/ling a large file around 8pm did I notice that my d/l was not going above 10k. So I have put in a complaint. I'll call up my area manager tomorrow.

i got bsnl 512k dataone home 1800 feb 28th, for me too its been slow for the last few days, but back up to speed now! today is the start of my second month, so i was thinking of a conspiracy theory that bsnl reduced my speed due to large downloads (i think i crossed 15-20gb) and only brought it back up at the start of my second month... who knows?also, an hour ago the connection "went down", no disconnect, just no data going thru for 15 min, almost got a heart attack! but its fine now (must have been a powercut or server reboot at bsnl side)...no disconnections for me so far (1 month usage)... im in bangalore indranagar area...

BSNL simply rocks! trust me..its better than anything at the moment..also its govt controlled..so prices will always come down..and the speeds and vlaue is always gonna increase..wayt o go BSNL!

Originally posted by bugatti@Mar 23 2005, 11:05 AM
bsnl customer care is kind of decent. You call up 1500 to register a complaint(and get a complaint no.) or call up your area manager. I usually directly call up my area manager if I have a disconnection.

I would say bsnl is more or less(90 %) similar to airtel customer care.
[snapback]6998[/snapback]
[/quote]
Just from that description, it actually sounds like it's better than Airtel..... when they had been advertising for a number of weeks that they were coming up with new packages on Jan. 18th, and I called up on Jan 18th, the fools did not even know that they were coming out with new packages... and yeah, my pet peeve... they did not have any internet access in their office.... isn't that ironic?

But, wow, BSNL actually gives you complaint numbers? That's great, because Airtel customer care certainly doesn't, and subsequently they conveniently forget that you ever called, and plead ignorance!

march...april....may....june....july....august....september and now you reply to the message kank!! wtf

1 MBps Home connection from BSNL (A.k.a. Home 3300 Plan) costs Rs.3300/- per month with traffic limit of 10GB per month + Re.0.80 per Additional MB of data.That means 180 GB data that u claim to have downloaded in one month should cost about Rs.3300/- Plus (180GB - 10GB) X Rs.800/- i.e., Something like Rs.1,40,000/-. I wonder who is paying your bill or is this just a daydream?? 😀 😀

^ the night unlimited (2 - 8 AM) is available for Home 3300 plan .it is available for all home plans higher than Rs 250 plan ...

It is still improbable, because maximum hours possible under NU is 6 Hrs per day X 30 Days = 180 hours. 1 MBps connection gives at most 400 MB per hour on average, so average download possible is about 72 GB per month. Adding free limit of 10 GB, total download possible is 82GB without paying any additional access charges. But he downloaded 180 GB(?). So, the bill should be at least 98GB X Rs.800/- Plus Rs.3300/- i.e., Rs.81700/- which is still astronomical, and no sane person will spend that much money on broadband unless he is "Richie Rich" 😀