Q3 cpma server for sify ppl today

• Thread starter Thread starter hpgupta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,955

hpgupta

I am going to create a server for sify ppl today. it is going to be quake 3 cpma mod. depending on the number of ppl, we are going to have 1on1 or tdm, maybe ctf even.

i will post my ip ard 8:30. will create the server at 9pm. you would NOT require a CD key to play. nebody who is interested pls post.

what u wud need to play :

1) quake 3
2) point release 1.32 (get it from www.idsoftware.com)
3) cpma mod (get it from www.promode.org)

to connect, simply type "connect ip_address" in the console. note: i wud paste my current ip later today.

Too bad i dont have it.. (Q3)im gonna wait and see whenever some people setup some cs servermaybe a little tipannounce when u setup a server like a few days before u want to play,this way u can arrange it better and see who all is able to play at the chosen day

count me in , i will be there to get my @$$ kicked, or maybe i can kick someones else. ther has to be someone worse than me out there, 🙂 lol

Originally posted by knak@Dec 5 2004, 04:16 PM
Too bad i dont have it.. (Q3)

im gonna wait and see whenever some people setup some cs server

maybe a little tip
announce when u setup a server like a few days before u want to play,this way u can arrange it better and see who all is able to play at the chosen day
[snapback]2815[/snapback]
[/quote]

lol yeah, i know. i wanted to make it sunday thats why i am keeping it for today. otherwise i wud prob give 3-4 days notice.

my ip is 202.177.155.191

server is going to come up at 9:15

this is cool. finally someone actually uses this forum for productive purposes. 😛

lol we can atleast get some money back thru thus way from sify.

yippee. we played. 4 ppl on the server - me, lokesh, ultra vires and another friend of mine.it was good fun, we played lotsa modes and matches.i know atleast 3-4 more ppl who can join in if given enuf notice.the pings were higher than usual tho. ultra was getting ard 50, lokesh 100, and my friend gabrile was getting 300. but that was his personal problem. when it finally got fixed for him, my connection went bust 😀afterwards we even played on kawabonka server. kawa gives me lan like pings so it is as good for me.we should do this more often. if everybody pings good to kawa, we can have it there becoz it is mostly empty (esp in daytime).

hmmmmmm, did u see the score i was being cooked like hell by all the players. damn. NOw we nened UT Players. im ready to host it, cant take quake much longer rather my pathetic performance, those who wanna play ut , the match starts arnd 10 tonite,my yahoo id is abhishek_vij2003 , u hav to hav patch 436 installed. i will tell u my ip at yahoo

Kawabonka.. i started playing there when i moved to India in 2001/2002

try also frag shack (www.frag-shack.com) but notice that u have to pay 78rs for a month to play..

There is 1 server that has 4 free public slots, but if these are in use, and that is alot, then u still need 2 pay ( bit crazy though, paying to play )

(That gives me with Sickfy 30 ping )

Originally posted by ultra vires@Dec 6 2004, 05:20 PM
hmmm i think thats not completely true coz i was playin at frag shack last nite.
[snapback]2861[/snapback]
[/quote]

U sure?
U need to download the FS-Client to join their servers..and then, u need to have a free slot, , there are only 4 of them.. so u have to be lucky...most of teh time its in use..
To make sure u can play ( unless server is full ) u need to pay 78rs and then u can join always...

FS has several servers.. CS, Q3 , Wolfenstein...and umm soon CSS.

frag shack has got an OSP server, cpma, one CS 1.6, one clan server on 1.6 and one cs source server. some other servers too like ET or whateva in which i am not interested.the q3 servers are completely free. anybody can join in. max player limit is 14 i think.the clan server is paid only. if u arent a paying member, u cant play (unless of coz if u are playing as a reserve for a clan).the CS 1.6 server has got 4 slots i think. 1st come 1st serve. dunno abt the source server.kawa just has cpma. 8 player limit. no fee.