• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,061

talyan

Regular
ISP
Airtel
The Hindu News Update Service

New Delhi (PTI): Prepaid mobile subscribers now have more reasons to cheer as TRAI today asked the telecom operators to waive the processing charge on the top-up cards, resulting full talk time on such recharges.
Users will now have to pay just an administrative fee not exceeding Rs 2 per recharge and other applicable taxes, TRAI said.
The regulator said it was brought to the TRAI notice that telcos are deducting a fixed amount even for recharges exclusively meant for providing talk time to subscribers who already have validity.
Such subscribers had already obtained validity by paying a fixed fee. The authority felt that levy of a second processing fee when the customer buys talk time through exclusive top-ups is unjustified, TRAI said.
This is one among many initiates taken by the regulator in its latest policy directives for making the telecom service more consumer friendly and transparent.
The regulator has also asked the operators to make the tariff related information available in regional languages also other than English as operators would now venture into semi-urban and rural areas where local language is the primary mode of communication.
The regulator also said that existing customers on the lifetime plans can migrate to new lifetime plans with lower entry fee without having to make additional payment or recharges.

Nice move by trai.Now we will get full talk(maximum talk time)time .

this is an Old news!! it was promised that from Sept 15 ie today we will get full talk time..But i recharged my Mobile today and didnt get so called full talktime..I called the customer care and they told me this it will take some time for them to update it..I'm not sure what the heck is going on, TRAI on one hand promises various things and telecom operators on other hand doesnt implement it...

The same had happened to me just now, did a top-up of 50/- and i see i got a TT of 42.50/- only. I am yet to contact the Customer Care, let me whats their explanation !!

yeah! time and agaon TRAI is proving that it's a impotent Board..it can't implement its orders..it's been like 2 months since they asked telecom companies to slash the processing fee.But nothing really happened.

it seems that mobile companies have built up courage, after seeing that DTH operators/broadcasters are not following TRAI and doing what they will.

AFAIK TRAI is only a recommendatory body..they dont have enforcement powers..