• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,002

netfreak

Regulars
ISP
Airtel GPRS EDGE + VSNL
Hi,Somehow my TriBand password was reset to my CA Number at server end. This made Tri-Band unusable untill a call to their CC.Someone from their CC called back and informed me of this change(in around 20 mins). I was able to connect with CA number as password. Anyone else faced this problem? And MTNL CC being actually helpful was a pleasent surprise 🙂

duh! Thats why they tell you NOT to change your password. That was what I was ranting about when st0le posted that "crack". Anyway, it happens sometimes because of high load their servers crash and they have to replace their DB from a backup. Hence your password was reset to the CA number (default password) 😉

yes..netfreak....even my password was reset, but on 8th Oct, after their drama from 1st-7th of Oct (u know tht episode na).

Originally posted by baudhayan@Dec 6 2005, 11:58 PM
yes..netfreak....even my password was reset, but on 8th Oct, after their drama from 1st-7th of Oct (u know tht episode na).
[snapback]34567[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yaa miss those dayz.. good thing is finally it was not chaged on Bills 😀

Stole I think u were not aware of the episode from 1st-7th of Oct.This was the period when the authentication server of Mtnl was down and everyone could login with fake id and password and enjoy unlimited internet without paying for it but everyone had the fear whether Mtnl has the expertise to find out who use fake logins and how much Mb they used.But with the bills out, its clear that it was a dream week, using unlimted internet without getting charged...!!!!

ohh!!! man....i did not have Mtnl triband back thenyou guys shoudl have spread the word....why did it not get public??? newspaper & tv???stop using my speelinggsss (read stoopid)...its Copyrighted!!! 😉Current Song:Bryan Adams - Sound the Bugle

Originally posted by max@Dec 7 2005, 11:26 PM
but most of the times you end but being over billed 😉
[snapback]34781[/snapback]
[/quote]
Atleast its not happened with me till now. So I am very satisfied.

you guys should have spread the word....[/b]

Stole it was posted on this forum u should have read it.

why did it not get public??? newspaper & tv???[/b]

Were u seriously asking this stupid question as to why MTNL didnt advertise to everyone, dude their server was down, it was not a spl offer from MTNL to get it to public and advertise in newspapers...

(read stoopid)...its Copyrighted!!![/b]

Yes stoopid is copyrighted from now on, courtesy Max! 😛

St0le : very funny! imranais....very funny! 🙂 your on my list now! 😛h34r: but i cant belive the media didnt know.....it still doesnt....this was big news....imagine what coudl we have downloaded...did u guys exploit the full potential of this incident??

Yes most of us exploited in that week but everyone had a fear that if they come to know somehow as to which subscriber logged in with fake ID's they would be charged a bomb but fortunately MTNL is stoopid!

U can still get a proof at it by logging into ur account (register.mtnl.net.in) and clicking on a/c summary:It says: "Pl. note that above usage does not include your use from 01.10.2005 to 07.10.2005 . Usage for this period is accounted separately."

still sometimes it happens on some days, but only for 20-30min at around 11am, but its only sometimes, but if u can login when this occurs then whole day is urs! 😀