• Thread starter Thread starter prathapml
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,968

prathapml

Agent Smith
ISP
Load balanced, 100Mbit fake poop
By now you must have got a chance to use it. Windows XP Starter Edition out in June in India. Whats your opinion about it?It's targeted at the first time computer user, a lot of people don't know how to use computers, and this product is great for that. It provides guides on how to do everything, including the very, very basic mouse basics.[/b]

ur going to start another flame war here dude.

1. no one would have wasted their time checking it out.2. umm. no second point.

The starter edition is too late to arrive... we have already wasted on testing those mail meals before the starter arrived 😛😛

it should have been named. Windows XP Dakaar EditionBurp.

i read in a magzine that the starter edition (cheap one)alows only 3 applications to be excuted....pritty much sux if u ask me!"One of the big criticisms about XP Starter Edition is that it can run just threeapplications simultaneously, "

Originally posted by Sushubh@Dec 5 2005, 08:47 AM
1. no one would have wasted their time checking it out.
2. umm. no second point.[snapback]34246[/snapback]
[/quote]Umm okay.... But.... Koi aur ko bolne ko chance toh do bhaiii.... 😀

I dont think anyone who bought that crap would be able to join this forum! 😉 😛

Bill Gates is coming to India tomorrow and pushing Windows Starter edition (and curbing piracy) are high on his list.

microsoft has gone crazy due linux getting more and more ready for the desktops with feature rich GUI environments like KDE. For those unlucky people who havent seen a linux gui check out the screenshots at the KDE website., especially the 3.5 version. 😀
With such versions of windoze they just wanna milk the developing markets.

i think it would be good for rural India 🙂 Though, linux has the potential to bring down the prices but the hardware support for it ain't that good! 🙁