V Imp Advisory (trust me...plz?)

• Thread starter Thread starter St0le
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 5,430
You probably know this already...TFTP is fast but has no directory-browsing abilities or authentication as with FTP. It can do nothing but send and receive files, which is why it is the protocol used for firmware upgrades and configuration backups in most network devices (as baudhayan posted earlier).If I'm not mistaken, it would place the new file image in flash memory and replace the existing file. It wouldn't validate the update... and it does not use FTP.

Originally posted by St0le@Dec 7 2005, 09:52 AM
Be afriad!! be very afriad!!!! 😉

"Dood", i would be "afriad" if you could at least spell it right...

I dont want you to end up like this guy...

http://www.ccomfort.com/blog/2005/04/22/funny-hacking-story/

you maybe right but 502t does not has tftp updates!!! thats my point!why is it there then!??!...D-Link forgot to remove it??if the router doesnt validate the update....which means any junkfile can be forwarded and can cause the entire thing to corrupt???!! if there is no authentication??!! i dont think so! any1 want to try it on their router?? volunteers???Btw , welcome to the forum caterpillar...tell evry body about urself....we like to hear about yo.....*yawn*...zzzzz

i ahvent (speeling...hahahaaa ) read it.....but i'll laugh anyway!!while(1){printf("hahahaaaa");//plogrammers speel wlong coj itz cuol}i have couple of such "stories"vince start a thread in humour...with that story...i'll post mine l8r

someone has to tell me if this thread is supposed to be moved away from public forum or not?

Party pooper!yeah... do what u want.....make sure i get access!! dont listen to others!!

Originally posted by St0le@Dec 7 2005, 05:57 PM
vince start a thread in humour...with that story...i'll post mine l8r
[snapback]34785[/snapback]
[/quote]

Did it long before your suggestion! 😛

BTW, i cant understand anything from this thread except its interesting to see people pick their heads about Router sescurity...

i posted mine tooo!read the new copy of flamers bible...its something same!

Awareness? and protecting ppls accounts with this post? Thats complete BS.It was more of 'I figured it out first' announcement (lol)ppl capable of figuring out the flaw did it within a few hours of tinkering with the router, possibly on the very day that they got the connection.putting this up on the forum made it open to hordes of ppl who are net savvy but couldn't have figured it out on their own. They are the ones who'll be overwhelmed by this 'tutorial' and would exploit the very ppl u supposedly want to protect.The ppl who need this info most would never get their hands on it. Our poor innocent uncles n aunties who use triband to chat with their eklauta beta abroad would bearing the brunt of ur publicity stunt.There was a similar post some time back, but it was moved before I read it. Nice work mod! but then why is this thread still open?

the mod himself has not read it....hahaaa!!!i got booted out...did u move the thread!!