DATA TRANSFER

penfriends

[OP]
Dec 3, 2005
Hello everyone,I have recently brought bsnl broadbank 500 rs scheme pack. Seems to be working fine but there are some points which needs to be cleared:i) How to check utilization as its 1GB limit pack.On bsnl site its given check usage but when logged in with username & password it doesn't show usage details.ii) Even if there is no upload/download taking place then still the connection shows download taking place & its showing too much of data downloaded. I have tried using firewall but still it didn't work. PC is virus free and no other problem except to think that something from Bsnl end is wrong.iii) No helpdesk for BSNLIF anyone of you faces similar problem then do comment as this could lead to huge bills and then only option for me would be to close the connection.thanksgaurang patel(Rajkot,Gujarat)

Raptor

Regular
Regulars
Oct 14, 2005
Even normal surfing requires data to be sent and received from the server. If that is not your case then maybe something is wrong at the BSNL end.

pradeep

Nov 15, 2005
Or else try this handy tool,, which manages daily, monthly downloads,, calculations,,, in MB unit :) :p :D :lol:

Code:
http://www.softperfect.com/download/files/networx.exe
;)

gorav

Feb 27, 2006
hi,as far as i know therez nothing like free night (unlimited) download with bsnl. bsnl thy name is limited - their help desk (pain desk) sucks.one possibility of high data usage is if u have automtic update option for windows and anti-virus/firewall (or any other software for that matter) enabled. it will keep downloading stuff - that adds to ur data traffice.if ur modem/router is always connected to internet (username and p/w stored on router), it will keep exchanging minimal data to keep the connection alive. that may also account for data usage.cheers.gorav, chennai.

anirudhashish

Regular
Regulars
Jan 18, 2006
night unlimited is avlbl from 2-8 i was told this by bsnl help desk

thegenerousjew

Regulars
Jul 16, 2005
Be careful about this offer.

It's available only for Home 500 and above plans. Furthermore its only available if you have been on Home 500 or above for more than 3 months! Sneaky rats!

Ofcourse if you are on Home 1000 or higher you have to be on it for a month before you can avail of it too.

DataOne Tarrif

Edit - I'm talking about BSNL Night Unlimited Offer.

anirudhashish

Regular
Regulars
Jan 18, 2006
Originally posted by thegenerousjew@Feb 28 2006, 04:21 PM

Furthermore its only available if you have been on Home 500 or above for more than 3 months! Sneaky rats!

Ofcourse if you are on Home 1000 or higher you have to be on it for a month before you can avail of it too.

DataOne Tarrif
[snapback]43130[/snapback]
[/quote]

now where did this come from ??

thegenerousjew

Regulars
Jul 16, 2005
Its always been there it's just that no one reads it.For a slow lazy dumb telco they sure do know how to put in a lot of small print !

Positron

Regular
Regulars
Oct 8, 2005
Originally posted by thegenerousjew@Feb 28 2006, 04:21 PM

It's available only for Home 500 and above plans. Furthermore its only available if you have been on Home 500 or above for more than 3 months! Sneaky rats!

Edit - I'm talking about BSNL Night Unlimited Offer.
[snapback]43130[/snapback]
[/quote]

Source please? I got 2-8 am free from day 1 of getting my connection.