BEETEL 100 CX in Linux

• Thread starter Thread starter DhumKetu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,528

DhumKetu

ISP
Airtel/BSNL
Anyone using a BEETEL 100 CX in CentOS 4.... or in any other Linux version? Help me install it plz!

mooooooo, is that yoooooo?

uh...what is the problem? Just connect it to your comp using cat5 wire. Ofcourse you will need a NIC in the computer first! Then you can use web based admin panel to login / logoff and set other prefs 😉

There is nothing to elaborate. Just get a cross over LAN cable with both sides crimped. Get a NIC and plugin one end of the wire into your comp and the other end in the router / modem. Then access the router using its IP from IE / Mozilla Firefox. Set your prefs and start using it!

Originally posted by max@Dec 4 2005, 08:51 PM
There is nothing to elaborate. Just get a cross over LAN cable with both sides crimped. Get a NIC and plugin one end of the wire into your comp and the other end in the router / modem. Then access the router using its IP from IE / Mozilla Firefox. Set your prefs and start using it!
[snapback]34188[/snapback]
[/quote]

Max,

Are U aware that 100 CX is an USB WinModem running with Conexant Chipset?

Regards

Duh! How should I be? I thought it was an ADSL modem! 😕 Why did you post it in "Airtel Broadband" forum? Try http://www.linmodems.com They might have a driver for your modem. Personally, dump that piece of shit! Use a REAL modem (a.k.a. Hardware modem).

Originally posted by max@Dec 6 2005, 01:50 PM
Duh! How should I be? I thought it was an ADSL modem! 😕 Why did you post it in \"Airtel Broadband\" forum? Try http://www.linmodems.com They might have a driver for your modem. Personally, dump that piece of shit! Use a REAL modem (a.k.a. Hardware modem).
[snapback]34466[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks Maxie!

Btw from the pages of this forum, it seems I should shift to Beetel 220 BX. However, I had a word with an Airtel Engineer and he claims that this particular modem creates a lot of problems like repeated Login auth problems or disconnections and similiar. Requesting clarification from my fellow 220 BX users plz.

Regards,

Dhum.

DhumKetu you have really confused me! What kind of connection do you have?!