NU User 2 GB limit ?

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 7,236
seems there is some confusion...i called 1504 2day( i am in MUMBAI)..and they said that its 2Gb for DSL NU plan..i again asked them to confirm it and the lady said yes..so i am really confused as in delhi they r saying it is 1GB and in MUMBAI 2Gb..!i have also sent them email regarding this ..but still waiting for their reply..hope they get back to me soon ..

im from mumbai too and if u read my post earlier to urs ie.on page2, the CC told me that its 1gb only and that the incorrect display of quota is due to maintenance work goin on, on the MTNL servers. so i dont know what MTNL is upto saying 2 different things to subscribers and causing confusion like this.

i am not an MTNL customer but when I enquired, posing as a new customer, they told me that its 1GB only. Not 2GB.

All controversies put to rest.I had gone to QCSC today as my bill was bombed bec they charged me according to Tariff plan 399 even though I am using NU since June2005. Well I wasted my half day but the good thing is that they got my bill amended and the extra charges removed.The point i want to make here is that: no matter how many free MB its showing in ur account (1GB or 2GB) u will be charged using the session history thing.Ur session history shows ur entire usage MB for any particular month, they use this total and then check how much free MB is available to ur Tariff Plan according the so called "Rule book" of theirs.I had to goto to their broadband department to get in writing that in that bill period(oct-nov) i was really on NU and if I was on NU plan then what was my day usage in those two billing months. With this I went back to their accounts department to get my bill amended.The lady took 45 minutes to search for her Rule book and she finally got it and then she checked for how many MB is available to NU plan for that month (in oct it was 500Mb free and in Nov it changed to 1GB) and said to me that I was right that I havent cross the limits of free usage 🙂 So dont think that u got 2GB of usage bec their "Rule Book" says 1GB means that u can use only 1GB...!Hope that ends all controversies... 🙂

Well MTNL is providing u broadband connection but it does not mean by any way that they have modernised themselves.They still use DOS based computers (the very old one) in their accounts department and still "Paper proof" is the most important thing for them.I am lucky that I got my bill ammended to Rs. 2100 from Rs.4200 and that too in just half a day, though I had to run from this table to that table and from this dept to that dept...

Its showing 1GB for me (delhi). However, in my last month usage column it says 1742MB and goes on to add that the usage shown is total for last two months. So I hope that 2GB is not the total allowed for two months, current+next. Beware!

hello all ..i got a problem with my bill.. another one of those.. mistaken conversions from 590 to 399 .. the bill went up by 1500 rs.. extra.. coz november had the 1gb limit.. so heres a warning to everyone .. use the 2 gb at ur own risk. .about my problem will go to mtnl tom. .ask them to sort it out.. also will enquire there about the 2 gb limit and any plans.. hows that? 🙂

gr8, plz keep us posted seanthecool.also if u r from mumbai, plz ask them why they havent increased the data rate of the router from 256kbps to 288kbps like they did in delhi. since there is 10-15% transmission lost in adsl type of connection? thanx.

yohu123 ... i saw your signature... just for curiosity..... why have u not installed sp1 and sp2?

:angry: cudnt get the bill changed yesterday.. woke up and found i had a bad case of hives.. anyways.. my bill originally showed up as 3900 something.. but i got it changed to 1450 for oct and nov.. not bad i think.. anyways..had a rough day.. running through 2 exchanges.. as my local exchange in malad does not have an accounts department.. soi had to go to the kandivli branch to get it changed. .after getting a signed document stating that the bill was full of crap (thats my version of it). anyways on getting to the accounts department.. the turd there.. was like.. "november you have been correctly surcharged" well it wasnt his fault coz the web page he was lookign at wasnt updated from 500 mb limit to 1gb as of nov 1.. for 590 nu.. so my guess is everyone in malad and kandvlis gettign crazy bills.. so anyways i asked the manager of the triband department or whatever the hell it is in malad.. and he was like he doesnt know if there are new tariffs.. he didnt even know tht there were changes as of nov 1.. lol 😀 but when paying for the bill.. later (ie after everything was done) the guy there said they might be reducing rates as of 1st jan. .naya saal or somehting like that.. for phones and triband.. but hes just a chota mota fellow. .so he probably doesnt know anything.. but thats all .. dont use this as an excuse to make a new topic saying new tariffs as of jan 1st.. coz u wont be sure till you see it.. and also till they change it in the accounts department 🤔 so use at your own risk .. and ps. their tariffs still show 1 gb limit so dont use anymore than that.. or get ready to run between exchanges explaning everything with proof.. :mellow:

Sean, I live in Malad (Orlem) too. Just hoping I don't face the same problems. :angry: