Aadhaar (UIDAI) News & Updates

Employers feel the pinch of Aadhaar-UAN linking
A web circular, dated November 11 2018, issued by EPFO states "You are aware that EPFO has made available a number of online services through EPFO web platform and the mobile platform of UMANG. A number of EPFO members want to avail these online services by providing their Aadhaar number".

The notice further prods "In order to facilitate the members to avail effective and efficient online service delivery by EPFO, the field offices are advised to take up following actions immediately: i. All Regional Offices and District Offices must ensure a facilitation centre in the office premises to enable the members for updating their Aadhaar details or enrolling for Aadhaar.

Post the circular, companies have undertaken the attachment of Aadhaar to UAN on a war footing. They are goading employees to share their Aadhaar details but not everyone is keen to do so.
"Private companies cannot ask for Aadhaar information from employees. Jobseekers are saying no to Aadhaar. SC court has said private companies cannot collect it then on what basis are they (EPFO) asking us to collect it," she said.

A notice on the EPFO website states; "seeded Aadhaar against activated UAN is mandatory for online claim submission".
EPFO has full "Respect" for the Supreme Court Verdict and Aadhaar Judges.

gJ1p7ov.png

SO MUCH WOW. I would now have to suffer through the entire process again I guess. anyone has any clue what could be the reason? my fingerprints were already in the system?

Last edited:
went to bank today to get re enrolled. machine was down. would have to go again tomorrow. so much win.

Bangladeshi held at KIA with Indian passport | Deccan Herald

The suspect, Sohaj Miah, told immigration officials that he crossed the Benapole border in West Bengal illegally in 2008 and reached Delhi, where he stayed in Jungpura while working as a tailor.

Miah told the officials that he had managed to get Aadhaar and PAN cards and even obtained a driving licence and educational certificates from Jharkhand and Ranchi, with which he applied for a passport. Miah managed to get a work visa in Dubai.

RupeeRedee data exposed
“A potential isolated vulnerability in one of our data storage blocks (Amazon) was brought to our attention by a data surveillance enthusiast. Thankfully the vulnerability was recognised and fixed within a few hours thereby preventing any compromise of our systems or customer data
Compare this response to UIDAI's response when some breach is reported, e.g. denial, FIR against the reporter, etc.