Broadband Coverage in your City/Area

• Thread starter Thread starter Vince
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 13,736

Vince

Regular
I believe if we pool our info on which ISP provides Broadband and where they provide it, it'll help many users who want to get a general idea of what ISPs they've got in their area.City/Area:-ISP : CoverageTo the best of my information,Chennai:-BSNL: Almost everywhereVSNL/TataIndicom: 2nd best in coverage, and from what i've heard, not available in the southern suburbs of the city..Airtel: Mainly in Central and South ChennaiSify: Central, South and southern suburbs of ChennaiHathway,Iqara: South ChennaiReliance: Limited to Anna Nagar, Mount Road, T.Nagar and nearby areas..(Central Chennai)

Noida:BSNL: EverywhereSify: Available in most sectors.Airtel: Available in some sectors, but quickly expanding network. (still not available in my sector 🙁 )

City: DelhiArea 😛aschim ViharLocality -Guru Harkrishan NagarISPs AvailableSifyMTNLAirtelTata IndicomReliance Cables laid 1-1/2 years back....no status as of nowBest Choice MTNL/AirtelWorst Choice Sify/Tata

city:vaishali(ghaziabad) near noida.ISPS available1.Airtel: almost everywhere ,but capacity already exceeded so relaying UG lines.2.BSNL: On paper everywhre but yet to find its BB users.Although lots of bphone users.3.Sify:everywhere ,but user base shrinking day by day,only abouut a 100 connections left now.4.hotwire:same cable operator as sify,user base very small.5.Tata:Local shop says its available till gateway towers and neighbourhood ,but where are the cables.Best choice-airtel,2nd best-BSNL3rd-Hotwire as ISP is good but cable wallah plays spoil sport.

City: Madurai [Tamil Nadu]Area: P & T ColonyISP's AvailableAirtel: Almost entire city is covered except for some outskirtsBSNL: Most places covered but not all even in city limitsTATA: Lesser than BSNL yet got main places connectedSify: Not everywhere and customers complainingMy Choice: 1.TATA - Unmatched Quality but Expensive1.Aritel - Best Quality for the Money - [First Place shared by Two!] 3. BSNL - Due to unavailability of other services4. Sify - Poor Quality, Poor connectiviy and Poor Customer SupportRegards,Amuthan

City : MumbaiLocation :Hiranandani Gardens , Powai1) Rajesh Cablenet - Exatt2) Sify3) Iqara4) TataIndicom5) Reliance (Prev . Powesurfer) + Reliance ..adsl via phone6)Triband7)Airtel8)Hathway bhawani9)there was operator called serverlink who use to provie pacenet,net4india ..i am not sure if hes still there ...

dgr81, Reliance ADSL via phone? Never heard of it? I thought Reliance wasn't into fixed line services? Do you mean the internet that you get through the FWPs?

Reliance gives Fixed line phones only in city. Most of the subarbs have FWP / FWT connections.

reliance does have fixed line phones with great schemes like unlimited reliance to reliance in mumbai only for 50 bux ...unlimited reliance landline to any reliance phone (mobile/fwp/fwt/landline ..anything ..) and they do have speeds upto 1000kbps .... but everything is MB wise ....