25Mbps UNLIMITED FOR 1449Rs Looks Interesting

But in Beam hell lot of customers are there on B-MAX 10Mbps,15Mbps and 20Mbps who download like hell. So how cum Beam survives with marginally good profit score?? Are they really on profits ??

because beam is a professionally managed company.... They know their business well.

heh. let them expand nationwide and get a customer base that is comparable to national ISPs and then we would talk.

yeah the speeds prescribed then will not at all be profitable as per high end low end user base ratio and beam will probably go bankrupt if they have a customer base like Airtel or BSNL at national level with plans like B-MAX 10,15,20Mbps
heh. let them expand nationwide and get a customer base that is comparable to national ISPs and then we would talk.

----------

as per my total data transfer per month I'm eating up the revenues of 6users from my ISP 😀 but still he is in profit as the user base of low end users is very very high.

^^^^See the segmental break-up of losses. Theres a segment "Basic Services" & another one "Cellular services". Now i think Basic services includes the fixed landlines & Internet connection on those lines. The losses in that segment is the highest. Infact it outnumbers the losses on Cellular business!

^^^^

See the segmental break-up of losses. Theres a segment "Basic Services" & another one "Cellular services". Now i think Basic services includes the fixed landlines & Internet connection on those lines. The losses in that segment is the highest. Infact it outnumbers the losses on Cellular business!

My friend, I have seen it (is part of the pdf file) that too includes the employee cost and that is the biggest component of the expenses - even segment wise.

you do not go to a restaurant and order one curry dish if there are four people sitting on the table. you do not complain that one curry dish is not enough for four people. you order the amount of dishes that is enough for four people. and that is why you do not buy a 200GB plan if you are going to consume more than 200GB.
Buffet would have been a much more appropriate example. The only reason the restaurant offers you unlimited food in a buffet is that they expect you to eat a reasonable amount of food. If everyone started eating humongous quantities, they would have to stop it.

Buffet would have been a much more appropriate example. The only reason the restaurant offers you unlimited food in a buffet is that they expect you to eat a reasonable amount of food. If everyone started eating humongous quantities, they would have to stop it.

does anyone have the stomach for that appetite?? 😛

ok not eat. say waste a lot of food, take a lot and eat a little. You mentioned somewhere that on beam you could download hundreds of GB's of content. would you have the time/space to watch/store all that. in essence, a lot of it would be waste. can you seriously think of hundreds of GB's worth of stuff to download, each month, forever?

thats the point. after a couple of months u wud either get bored or run out of money buying hdd's !! to keep up tht kind of downloading u will have to set up a data center of ur own 😛by the time u reach tht point ur more likely to be in jail for being a pirate with his own data center !!!

U can take away humongous quantities of food from a Buffet, only if u plan to sell it outside to someone else.....In that way, if u r planning to sell the downloaded stuff or the bandwidth itself to someone else, only then will u keep downloading that much! I mean 600 odd GB of data per month? A common man will only waste bandwidth or sell it/sell the content, if thats the usage! I must have downloaded that much since the time i got onto an unlimited connection, that too a 300kbit one to begin with & a 500kbit now. And to be frank, I have still not got time to watch/consume half of what i have downloaded!

My friend, I have seen it (is part of the pdf file) that too includes the employee cost and that is the biggest component of the expenses - even segment wise.

The employee cost is almost guaranteed to be *the* largest cost in *any* company. Doesn't matter which industry or which country.

----------

does anyone have the stomach for that appetite?? 😛

The same could be said of bandwidth consumption.

thats the point. after a couple of months u wud either get bored or run out of money buying hdd's !!

Exactly, that's what will happen eventually.But most probably you will get bored after 2/3 months or so.So, it's better to enjoy whatever you've got.You cannot be satisfied with anything in this world because it's the human nature.