Good news for airtel users

• Thread starter Thread starter gabruputt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 15,112
heh. no one mentioned that 'confirmed' rumor on this forum i believe 🙂

Originally posted by Sushubh@Dec 19 2005, 11:30 AM
maybe for you. not here in gurgaon. i think u should be a bit more accurate in your comments. how many people on airtel u know besides yourself?
[snapback]36340[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think the 20% he is referring to is correct but only for the guaranteed minimum speed. As I posted in another thread:

...What they have done is upgraded the minimum guaranteed speed they offer you by 20%. For my 256 plan, the former minimum was 128 kb/s (i.e., I would never get last mile throughput lower than that). *That* is what they are increasing. So I will now never get lower than 128 + 20% = 153.6 kb/s on my 256 kb/s plan.

During the upgrade, maximum speeds will jump about as "backend server work is in progress". Once that is done, my maximum will again drop back to 256 kb/s.

You can check your last-mile throughput at this page:

http://speed.touchtelindia.net/meter.php

-G Amik

that page showed me:Your current bandwidth reading is:67.70kbpsRetestwhich means you can download at 8.46 KB/sec. from our Network to your last mile provision. with every other thing but the browser window closed. maybe i did it on the wrong time. but personally speaking airtel has not gotten any faster in the last couple of weeks. infact, it crawls for me at times. i fail to touch 10 KBps on decent servers on FTP. they are somehow reminding me of Sify with their unreliable speeds. I do not need patches of 50KBps speeds. i had rather have a constant 25KBps.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Dec 19 2005, 11:03 AM
that page showed me:

Your current bandwidth reading is:

67.70kbps
Retest
which means you can download at 8.46 KB/sec. from our Network to your last mile provision.

Hell, i'm on TataIndicom 64kbps, and mine shows...

61.80kbps
Retest
which means you can download at 7.72 KB/sec. from our Network to your last mile provision.

EDIT: WTF??? After 5 minutes, i tested it again, now it shows

5.53 Mbps
Retest
which means you can download at 707.54 KB/sec. from our Network to your last mile provision.

I would be in dreamland if my Flashget shows the same...!!!!

umm browser cached the downloading file perhaps 😉

dont use that speed test. its pretty unreliable. I too am waiting eagerly for airtel to launch. But now it seems they will take a whole lot of time. But it is absolutely dismal to see even Airtel giving bad speeds! 🙁