• Thread starter Thread starter max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 5,675

max

Regulars
ISP
MTNL
Hi people,I am thinking of buying Samsung X200. I read a lot of reviews on the net and it suits my needs. It also looks quite good and stylish. Does anyone have first hand info on this handset? Anybody ever seen/used it? The cost is quite reasonable too. I got a quote of Rs.5200/- with bill and warranty. I think I can get it at a lower price too if I bargain. I was kinda worried about the SMS functionality of this phone. Samsung phones arent very good at SMS...Thanks 😉

i find my samsung x100 far better at typing sms than Nokia 2660 or nokia 3585 🙂there is no problem with the SMS functionality of this phone 🙂

Sorry for the double post but I really wanted to know if X200 had the "Send to many" function?? None of the samsung handsets I have encountered yet have this function.

I considered it before I bought a SE J300i.... the x200 offers a nice value for some nice features, but the fact that it was a flip phone without an external display was something I could not live with.... and also, the phone isn't very easy to flip open with one hand, which makes using the phone not such a pleasant experience.Didn't think the UI or buttons were that damn great.... but in the end you have to use it, so go to a store and try it out....p.s. it's such bukllshit that these damn stores expect you to buy a phone just based on the exterior looks, and not actually show you a working piece!!! it's like buying a TV without switching it on.... lame. Needless to say, I took my business to a place that had an open piece of the model I wanted.

vebmetal, all the dealers i have encountered till now have showed me a working piece. I dont think not having an external display is such a big problem for me. But what I was worried about the functionality of the SMS engine. I still can't figure out whether it has the send to many function or not...

Looking at mobile-review's review.. the x200 should be a good phone. Its a nice clamshell phone(looks like a 8000-10,000 Rs phone rather than one half its price) and call quality, functionalities are well. As for sms, go to the shop where you'll be buying the phone, put your sim in a demo phone and check if the group sms works.. Other than that, I don't think how you could go wrong with this phone.

Thanks bugatti! I think I will buy this phone after my exams 🙂 Will write an entire review for it 🙂

i bought one of these for my mum last year, its a nice looking compact fone. Easy to use etc.Light on features, and the lack of a transmission method is annoying. It has IR but i couldn't get that working with anything (tried my phone, mates phone, laptop etc.)Nice if you want a basic stylish phone