Airtel announces its data plans for iPhone

itsme_ganguly

ISP
airtel broadband
Airtel finally made their data plans for iPhone available online.
Though price of this data plan is not mentioned...!

These seem a little more reasonable (than Vodafone):
Airtel iPhone

Data Usage/Month Charges

First 500 MB Free
> 500 MB 30p/50KB

Confusing thing is under "terms and conditions" on the same page, it says:

Free 50 MB of data download/Month for 12 months.

Could this be just a mistake. Should it have been 500MB?

Maybe it is just a mistake!

As per my understanding this is the iPhone data plan on Airtel... this is as told to me by Airtel NO monthly rental 500 MB free every month for 12 months from the day of starting of the plan. 30p/50 KB for usage exceeding 500 MB per month... I hope the person at Airtel told me the right info ???

GPRS data usage plans in India are quite expensive. The worst thing is nobody in Delhi NCR offers an unlimited plan as far as I know. For non-iPhone users with airtel, GPRS data costs 10p/10KB, so this is cheaper. Strange, I would have thought people with iPhones could afford more. 😛 For vodafone users, GPRS data costs 5p/10KB.

When will these fools understand that making gprs cheaper will work in their favour only. As more and more people start using, they can churn more money through various programs (buying train, movie tickets online, etc. etc.)

i bought bpl gang card & i got 3 months of gprs free (browsing through pc is not allowed). i guess after 3 months its going to be a pain to pay for it...

just like i never got myself an internet connection till the cable net was available. i dont plan to get mobile internet connection till it gets saner. my tata indicom connection comes with free internet access on mobile. i can check mail, and other sites. comes handy while checking if the sites are online or not .gmail works. facebook does not.

Hi all,This is what Airtel told me about the iPhone data planNO monthly rental500 MB free every month for 12 months from the day of starting of the plan.30p/50 KB for usage exceeding 500 MB per month...I hope the person at Airtel gave me the right info ???Please let me know as I do not want a high mobile phone bill due to data charges !!!!

my tata indicom connection comes with free internet access on mobile. i can check mail, and other sites. comes handy while checking if the sites are online or not .

gmail works. facebook does not.

Does Tata provide free internet access on all plans, or is it some specific plan?