• Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,286

mailtoviki

...Viki (a) PriYan...
ISP
BSNL
Big TV offers

Staff Reporter

Chennai: Big TV, the Direct to Home (DTH) venture of the Reliance group, on Wednesday announced two offers for its subscribers in south India. Mahesh Prasad, president of Application Service Group, Reliance Communications, told reporters here that a choice of 200 channels and three months of free viewing of 20 exclusive cinema channels would be available in the offers. There is no monthly subscription fee for 12 months.

The South Starter offer costing Rs. 1,990 includes a ‘get started kit’ and recharge coupon vouchers of Rs. 500 and the South Popular offer costing Rs. 2,190 comprises the starter offer and additional sports channels.

Mr. Prasad said that Big TV’s target is to get 3 or 4 lakh subscriptions in Tamil Nadu in 12 months. The exclusive cinema channels also include a Tamil channel. The DTH service uses the latest MPEG 4 digital technology.

Source : Hindu

Is it true?! I don't find any exclusive tamil movie channel on their site?

Yes it will be.Right now 10 testing chanenls are working from 160 to 169 and have 3 Telegu, 2 Kannad, 2 Gujarati, 1 Bhojpuri, 2 Bangla channels.But it will be turn 1 channels each on 10 Zone once testing will complete.

If it is so...it would be great...But how do you know about this? any source or mere guess?!

Nah! We seen those channels of 1 Zone in STB then replaced by those channels in 10 min. Even they have Marathi too.

Big TV offers

Is it true?! I don't find any exclusive tamil movie channel on their site?

Bos they have 2-3 tamil movie channels. i have Big TV and i can see them

@ amit_dpBut in the website i couldn't find any exclusive movie channel for Tamil.Can u pls tell me the channel number of that channel?

In case of Mallu movies, their website talks about two movies. One is over a decade old and the other is half a decade old. Thankfully, the channel is still not available and bandwidth is put to better use.