:unsure: Thinking about UPLOAD

sitardivine

I just upgraded my PLAN 500 to PLAN 3300 where the promised speed is 1 mbps. I took this for video conferencing as BoD was not available immediately.On speed test I found different speeds--23 Nov. evening Download speed: 905 kbpsUpload speed: 141 kbps24 Nov. morningDownload speed: 528 kbpsUpload spees: 112 kbpsWhat kind of experience do others have under the same plan? Do you think the upload speed is enough for video conferencing? I shall try some conf. this evening. But, some early info. will be encouraging. Also I wonder if there is some upload accelerator software.Best,:: sb

uh...you will end up with huge bills but i dont think you care about money. anyway, the upload speed is insufficient. for a medium quality conference you need atleast 512Kbps upload and download each and for a good quality conference 786Kbps upload and download each.

Are you planning to do desktop video conferencing or Room video conferencing?For desktop, the choice is up to you. For example, Yahoo webcam works with 256 kbps as well. And you can use better quality video with higher bandwidth. You can try with your current bandwidth and esily varify the results. For Room video conferencing, most of the equipment available in India will want to use ISDN-6 (384kbps) connections.

Originally posted by netfreak@Nov 24 2005, 11:55 PM
Are you planning to do desktop video conferencing or Room video conferencing?

For desktop, the choice is up to you. For example, Yahoo webcam works with 256 kbps as well. And you can use better quality video with higher bandwidth. You can try with your current bandwidth and esily varify the results.

For Room video conferencing, most of the  equipment available in India will want to use ISDN-6 (384kbps) connections.
[snapback]33126[/snapback]
[/quote]

I am doing desktop conferencing. Do you say 256 kbps. for both upload and download is good enough? I don't know how I can get 256 kbps. upload speed or 384 kbps. upload speed. Any suggestion?

My current upload bandwidth matches ISDN 2 and far below your stated ISDN6.

I think I should talk to DataOne people -- lodge a complaint.

Thank you for your feed back.

Looking forward.

Best,:: sb

Actually your rating should be somewhere close to: down -> 1000Kbps and up -> 250Kbps while your actual figures show a HUGE difference!

What are the speeds at which BSNL has synched you. I think there sould be something like "ADSL Status" page for your modem that will give you these numbers?Edit : Made this post legible...