Sify does it yet again....

• Thread starter Thread starter Tushar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 13,998

Tushar

Regular
My BBClient just got updated to version 3, I really don't know why I even opened the damn client :S. And guess what now EasySify 2 ceases to work.Thank you Sify for making our lives miserable yet again.

Un-install that crap

And then how do I possibly check My Account Statistics? The XML parser of ES2 needs some tweaking to get it to work... I'm too lazy to even look at the code 😛

whats new in that crap ver 3? where would i get it to download.... yeah i am little too greedy to get it to mess my computer 😛😛 and have those guys though of poor linux version of the bb client? bcz that number is stagnant at 1.3 version 😛😛

Originally posted by Tushar@Nov 24 2005, 12:37 AM
That link will not work when you are logged off.
[snapback]33025[/snapback]
[/quote]

The link works when u r logged off.....just replace xxx part with ur user name

202.144.65.70:8090/bbandnew/cusdetails.php3?userid=xxx

Are there alternative clients to Sify? Are they open source? I would like to make a Linux client for Sify. Anybody willing to help? I just want the official Sify client(i am not a sify customer, Thank God!) and some packet captures. Or if there is a developer among us then can he give me the specs of the protocol used by Sify to login/logout?

Thanks sifyfan. But I was hoping for a client which supports the latest protocol.

I can provide packet dumps if thats what you want, the POST's made to the Sify Server, the responses received in xml format et al.

some veri silly things added in ver 3.0 bb client. I thought they may improve but its rather degraded their client.they think we are babies who have taken internet for first time. They think all their customers are novice. they have added things like blocking active X & blocking ports 135 to 139 for lan sharing and also highlighted it to share files on lan or not to share them . i think that is stupid. as an ISP they should not encourage to share files on lan on their own network(or cto network). they have literally one silly.only good thing was their integration of sify email id with outlook express or microsoft outlook. it was very nicely made. but still with one error. they have messed up the pop and smtp server names with " " inverted commas. so those who like to use it have to go to accounts and servers and remove those inverted commas. over all its not worth updating as its more confusing for advanced user.They have disabled the online credit card renewal via bb client and are giving a link that also u have to copy paste it to a browser to sifymall. no hyperlink!! 😛😛alter u do all pains to copy paste as there are 2 lines then u reliase that if yr account is already expired then u cannot renew. for that u again have to call up their call centers and request them to give u a 2 hour pack. they promised me for 3 days to give me the 2 hour pack and did not give me. i was waiting for a simple renewal. I had also registered for cto to collect payment and renewal. cto was unaware of the same. But when after 3 days and shouting a lot on phone the call centers renewed and cto cam running the next morning to collect cto charges!!this is all ... its so painful day by day!