Only for Mumbai LAN

• Thread starter Thread starter Rush
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 16,639
Originally posted by max@Dec 9 2005, 06:44 PM
they are blocking the protocol then! They must be using something similar to packeteer. May be a layer 3 or layer 4 device! Who knows...
[snapback]35033[/snapback]
[/quote]

And who is 'they'? My cableguy or exatt? coz the exatt ppl said we dont block ports. And others on the same server can use bittorrent.

duh! the cable guy! BTW please stick to one thread. don't start multiple threads!

Sad to see this thread being hijacked with everything but stuff related to the topic of the thread 🙁 !

Originally posted by d3Fi4nt@Dec 11 2005, 04:52 PM
Sad to see this thread being hijacked with everything but stuff related to the topic of the thread 🙁 !
[snapback]35329[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey Sorry Buddy. Heres my raspppoe list.

Ok i wanna know if we can insist to ISP to provide us LAN.Coz we used a to have a big LAN in andheri east from the station upto marol with around 50+ users. But since the last 2 months they have insstalled some firewall (mebbe physically disconnected the cable from my area to other areas). So my lan now spans a few buildings in my area. I certainly know that pacenet has a hand in cutting off the lan , coz the cablewalla says that he doesnt know anything about this and he doesnt have engineers from his side, and the LAN maintenance work is done by Pacenet engineers. BTW the lan worked for a few days in the last week when pacenet servers had a big fault (mebbe they forgot to enable the firewall after fixing their systems), but now its again the small LAN...please reply....

i doubt u can insist on how the LAN should behave as file sharing on the local network is not internet connectivity and you are not exactly paying them for this facility.

besides, if you are communicating across different subnets then you are loading or at times overloading their gateways. Remember, ISPs buy the cheapest equipment around and these gateways will frequently fail under high loads.

Well actually yes coz the ethernet hub at my society "hangs" frequemtly and the cablewalla is too lazy to come here and fix it.......so i restart it myself!!!!

hi i m aniket from thane and i wnt hub list from thanei stay in thane east and i m using exattnet

Access-Concentrator: VibesOnline Service-Name: VibesOnline Service-Name: VibesGuestGot a cookie: 13 f7 27 d3 3f 83 0d 3e c9 4f 42 05 27 37 b6 a2 09 06 00 00AC-Ethernet-Address: 00:11:11:c9:47:86--------------------------------------------------Access-Concentrator: src001 Service-Name: src001Got a cookie: 59 a1 4a 88 8e 92 6c 29 82 aa 7f 91 be 16 24 b5 0c 05 00 00AC-Ethernet-Address: 00:90:27:28:88:5f--------------------------------------------------Access-Concentrator: 3star Service-Name: cableAC-Ethernet-Address: 00:0c:6e:c4:c2:72--------------------------------------------------Access-Concentrator: VSNL_BRAS_1Got a cookie: 2a 39 1c a8 e1 e1 99 fd 43 e9 6e 46 47 47 2c 9bAC-Ethernet-Address: 00:0f:f8:fc:84:19--------------------------------------------------This my list of PPPOE access concentrators and services at Andheri East.Contact me here if anyone has access to any of these sevices.Also There is SIFY in my area which obviously is not on the PPPOE list as it doesnt use PPPOE. So SIFY users in andheri east are also on my LAN.

Dude, as far as I know, everywhere, Sify uses PPPOE, they are delivered over the same lines as Pacenet, ExattNet, etc.

No , SIFY does not use PPPOE .You do not need to use PPPOE to share the same LAN infrastructure. SIFY uses the traditional LAN gateway method to provide net, as is used in many educational institutes.Further , in PPP (dialup or pppoe)type of connections you get an Internet IP address which you dont get in case of SIFY.Compare the output of "ipconfig" command in an exatt (or pacenet) connection and a sify one, you will get the point.

hey i am an in2net user .... my OS is windows Xp SP2 .. and i tried raspppoe .. but it juss gives an error 🙁 .. that windows can not find .. so could you plzz help me with it '.. will be realy gr8ful.. 🙂