256Kbps pack for 550Rs?

• Thread starter Thread starter brainz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,354

brainz

ISP
Airtel
Hi all,I wanted to know how is the 256Kbps plan with 1Gb bandwidth cap? How are the speeds and its only 550Rs. For me speed is more important as I dont surf more than 20MB a day. Any help will be appreciated.

why would u need high speed when u just need 20 megs 😛 20 megs on 512 would finish in 15 monites i guess.... 🙂

Originally posted by Sushubh@Oct 3 2005, 08:20 PM
why would u need high speed when u just need 20 megs 😛 20 megs on 512 would finish in 15 monites i guess.... 🙂
[snapback]27217[/snapback]
[/quote]

I mean i listen to online radio and do a apt-get on my ubuntu box, and do a lot of mailing and ofcourse do my cvs checkouts. For this i realised i dont do more than 20-50Mb each day. I dont download movies or stuff. So, i was just wondering how good is the 256Kbps pack?

20 MB download will just need 11 minutes on 256 kbps and 5 minutes on 512 kbps connectionPS 512 kbps is not available with sify....

i don't think its the full day plan........... its 256K Night Unlimited @ Rs.545.I currently use it........Browsing speed -----> Frankly speaking, I could not see any difference, I still have to refresh a couple of times.Downloading Speed -----> I get around 28-30kBps. 30kBps is the max I get.It works only for 10 hours, i.e. from 10PM to 8AM.But in comparison to the 128K Night Unlimited Pack, which is almost of the same price, it rocks.In case you ppl are wondering......... yes 128k nite pack is still available in chandigarh. Officially, the 256K nite pack is not available in chandigarh. But the CTOs are giving it to select special customers. Dunno, if they've started selling em openly now. But if you check out the price list, theres no 256K pack for chandigarh.EDIT:n yeah, absolutely no caps!!

Originally posted by kumar@Oct 3 2005, 09:18 PM
The title of this post is very misleading .Hope the title is changed !
[snapback]27227[/snapback]
[/quote]

it has a question mark at the end. i think that is clear enough.

Originally posted by uthfull@Oct 3 2005, 09:29 PM
Officially, the 256K nite pack is not available in chandigarh. But the CTOs are giving it to select special customers. Dunno, if they've started selling em openly now. But if you check out the price list, theres no 256K pack for chandigarh.

EDIT:
n yeah, absolutely no caps!!
[snapback]27230[/snapback]
[/quote]
how can cto give when its not available in ur city?is it possible for other places also

well... a 64kbps one is also good for online music. I listen 2 yahoo launchcast all day although i have to set the connection speeds settings to low in yahoo but the music stlll plays good.

How should i know?!! All I know is that, yeah my CTO has given me the connection while he has refused it to many others.Thats the reason I neva fought with my CTO, always abused the SifyCC.N now my decision is paying off!! 😉Give it a try, ask ur CTO.

Originally posted by uthfull@Oct 3 2005, 09:29 PM
i don't think its the full day plan........... its 256K Night Unlimited @ Rs.545.

he's talking abt the data transfer plan...

with sify ... cto have more powers than the sify themselves.....

Now I have a question...........in these data transfer ranges in the Broadband and Hi speed sections, is the limit like for each day..... or 1GB limit for the whole month??

Haha no one gives 1 GB per day at just Rs. 550/month. It's for the entire month 😉