• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,516

amit_dp

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Hey Guys,

Finally they have installed the Dish at my location today and I'm now a customer of Big TV :yahoo:

Here is pic of the Dish http://img355.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03310bw6.jpg

I must say these guys are very managed and professional. They came equipped with everything, from drilling machine, to wall tags. They told that they will not prefer joining the Big TV cable to the concealed cable and will lay it separately, joining to the concealed cable would reduced the quality. and They were right, i checked their cable, it is of very high quality with "Reliance Communications Big TV" printed on every meter. Also there is an incremental counter on every meter of the cable. they have to mention the starting and the ending counter on the form so that amount of cable used can be determined.

After drilling hole in my window, he cleaned the dust and after passing the cable through the hole, he sealed the hole with Silicon Adhesive, so that no insects can pas through. the cable was fastened with wall tags on ~every 3 feet so that it does not lay hanging around.

they cleaned all the packing material, cable stubs from the floor so no cleaning was required after they were gone. This is something which you would never expect.

Overall installation was very neat and clean.

I asked him, why there is a USB port given at the back of the STB, he said its for recording purpose. he wasnt able to explain how this can be used but said that probably after commercial launch it would be explained.

that brought me to the million dollar question. when is the commercial launch? he said even we were told it will be 15th Aug, but nothing from the company. they may announce it anytime.

Now the Quality, i have very little to comment... its absolutely excellent Video, sound both really fantastic. I was not bothered much by the Bog Tv logo, as i was mesmerized with the quality. i will try and bring my desktop near the STB and post some recording too.

congrats. when you say excellent quality, this is compared to what?

congrats. when you say excellent quality, this is compared to what?

Compared to TS .. i havent seen dish tv till now, but my neighbors have TS ... so i can definitely see the difference.

hi, can you check the menu. anything like output or tv type , settings. to select pal or ntsc

hi, can you check the menu. anything like output or tv type , settings. to select pal or ntsc

had given it a brief look .. in advanced settings it has a setting for notmal tv and LCD tv .. i.e. Ratio of 4:3 and 16:9 havent seen anything related to ntsc or pal ..

will give it a deeper look buddy

what about plans 😕 .. did they mentioned about charges and all .. fir first 3 month its free i guess but after that 😗

Congrats amit. BIG DTH defenetly will be no.1 in DTH market compare with other provider. I also waiting for the official launch for my new connection.

Congrats amit. BIG DTH defenetly will be no.1 in DTH market compare with other provider. I also waiting for the official launch for my new connection.

Thx Buddy .. u wont have to wait much i guess .. its gonna launch very soon ..

Thx Buddy .. u wont have to wait much i guess .. its gonna launch very soon ..
cnbc showing "big tv launching today"

Big tv launched ..tune cnbc news channel