Reliance broadnet: the worst ever experience with broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter kushaaal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 15,008
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have had a tough time with Reliance Broadnet. The link hardly stays up for a minute, even though the DSLAM is located in the opposite building. Right now am on BSNL full time.

Instead of mailing or calling , why dont u just reach at the local office and start yelling!!!!:evil::wall:

^^ Hi hi, i have done that. They come to my place, change the router and leave saying everything will be ok within the hour..Guess what, i have installed D-Link firmware on the utstar router provided by reliance and use it as my backup bsnl router..

On 19th July 2008 I took 1499/- monthly rental (7.5GB Monthly data transfer) plan.

On 23rd July 2008, Rs. 1877.20/- bill was generated on pro-rata basis. (5 days of usage)

On 3rd August 2008, broadnet was barred because of high usage.

I could not register to online bill payment, the resolution of which took 11 days.

I paid the bill of Rs.1877.20/- via cheque.

Connection not restored..

When contacted, they asked me to pay 1310/- for un-billed usage as my credit limit was 1000/-

I paid 1310/- online. Still connection not restored.

When contacted via email, the reply asked me to pay another Rs.731.04/- for unbilled usage
When contacted via telephone, the help desk employee asked me to pay another 1304/- for un-billed usage to restore the connection.

I had paid Rs 1877.20 + 1310= Rs. 3187.22/- for using the Broadnet for 10 days with total bandwidth consumption of 4 GB and without making a single telephone call and still my connection is barred from 3rd August 2008 onwards.

With the logic of 1000/- as my credit limit, on 1499/- monthly rental plan, my line would be barred every month for 20 days.

Any suggestion as to how should I deal with them... They would not allow disconnection also as my connection is still barred.

After 1310/-, 731.04/-, 2300/- Reliance is now asking me to pay Rs.550/- for un-billed usage 😕

They are not sure how much to ask for, so on every email they would ask me to pay new amount. The help desk would respond to me by saying to ignore the email from broadband@relianceada.com

and wait for 12 hours for resolution. And this 12 hour has never ended....:wall:

welll for u best option is .. get unlimited connection.. i always use ul connection as i dont have to face all this data usage charges

I agree with you. I had a unlimited Reliance Broadband connection and due to cable cut it was getting disconnected every 2-3 days for a month. Their contract engineer used to come everytime and make a joint to the cable instead of replacing it and the problem kept on repeating everhy 2-3 days. Repeated complaints and followups later I disconnected Reliance broadband and got MTNL triband instead. MTNLs customer care is not as savvy as Reliance but the connection is 100 times better and without any problems.

I have been susing Reliance Broadnet since the past 2 months and i am also feedup and irritated... It Sucks big time... Some or the other issue is allways there..

Broadband connection and due to cable cut it was getting disconnected every 2-3 days for a month. Their contract engineer used to come everytime and make a joint to the cable instead of replacing it and the problem kept on repeating everhy 2-3 days. Repeated complaints and followups later I disconnected Reliance broadband

My connection is dead from last 1 week.. Every time I call them up..they say I have forwarded your request to the technical team and someone will get back to you in an hour..and till now there 1 hour has never come:wall:Never ever go for Reliance Broadnet, Its sad..Trust me..Its bad! I'll wait till tomorrow, after that I would apply for disconnection.

thnks dude.. will send them a mail..lets see what happens.. Thanks again..

Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:03 PM
To: 'anil.ambani@relianceada.com'; 'serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com'; 'broadband@relianceada.com'; 'Rcomappellateauthority.Karnataka@relianceada.com'
Subject: Escalation !! Complaint ID # 77476595

I have an internet broadband connection from Reliance with user ID # 294XXXXXXXXX.

My internet connection is down from last 1week with complaint # 774XXXXX which was raised on 7th October and I was assured that it would be worked within 72 hours. But till today nothing has been done and I must have called almost 10 times to the call center and every time I call up the customer care, they just have 2 responses “I am sorry for the problem faced and I have forwarded your request to the technical department”. My question is what is the technical department doing?

I received 2-3 calls from Mumbai (rapid resolution team) and they say “sir give me a last chance I will make sure, your complaint is being looked into at the priority”. I want to understand what is the meaning of priority according to Reliance?

I have totally lost all my patience by calling you people and I remember the times when my colleagues and friends used to warn me against Reliance, and now I think they were absolutely right!!!

I would think 10 times before I even use any service/product of Reliance in future.

I request you to look into this matter and resolve this as soon as possible; else I want to disconnect the service and will go to the other service providers in the market.

Thank you,
Priyank

Status
Not open for further replies.