Whats with this?

• Thread starter Thread starter nascar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,593

nascar

ISP
Sify
Just got onto the sify broadband unlimited bandwagon two days back and something i noticed kind of makes my hair stand. I'm on 256 day and 512 night unlimited but shouldn't unlimited mean a constant balance amount in your account and not the amount being subtracted? Well thats whats happening to me right now and i doubt if this may be normal. You see i started out with a balance of 1136 and now after two days i have 1097 as my balance!!!??? WTF!!! I downloaded about 5GB of data by now but god what the hell does the word unlimited mean? Can somebody please enlighten me.

i think sify has daytime limit of 150MB/day. if u download more than that then they deduct something. i dont know if money or days. i have heard abt cases like this one.

Hmmm heck they told me it was pure unlimited and i do most of my downloading at night anyways to be specific after 10. So the question why is my account balance being deducted? when they told me it was pure unlimited! Anyways i think i'll get in touch with the customer care and hear what they have to say about this. Thanks for the reply though.

i am not sure. but i read this same question being asked many times. so i thought it may be related. may be other sify users wud have exact idea.

there is nothing wrong in this...they keep deducting small amounts from ur balance everyday instead of charging as u use.so..its unlimited.what do you want?that ur balance shud always remain at 1136/-...this way my friend once u renew....u wont hav to renew agn,rite???:hysterical:i use the same plan....for 4 months now...and this is normal.

You should only notice Expiry date, if u think that gets reduced, then u r in problem cos in my 4 yrs of sify usage even i never understood the opening balance concept. by the way,sify sux.

That is normal. They reduce the balance on daily basis, calculating how much it costs u perday according to your plan.

In the sify tariff site they have given that for Unlimited connections Download per day is limited to 150MB [night unlimited] ......Are you guys sure that it is unlimited during daytime ?