Cable Maintenance Charge

• Thread starter Thread starter ashman007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 10,218

ashman007

I renewed by subscription (1 month family pack 256 kbps unlimited (Rs.795 + Rs. 100)) and when I was given the bill/receipt, Rs.100 was charged extra as Service charges this month. When I called Sify Customer Service, I was told that it was a cable maintenance charge and it was being collected from all Sify subscribers every month.Is it true?The Cable operator in our area had not collected this charge when I started this subscription two months back and sprung this in the current bill.

Yes that is true. But our cable guy charge only Rs 50 and not Rs 100BTW, where are you from? Mumbai?Thanx

Yes, I am from MumbaiBTW, I would like to know if the disparity between two subscribers getting different services charges depends on which criteria. (citywise/cable operators whim/cable length)Thanks for the responseAshman007

yeah, he actually isn't supposed to charge anything. he gets paid by sify.

Sify allows cable operators to levy this charge... not all do. I do not pay anything extra, if they asked me to, I would just stop using their service. Which wud be a pity, it has just started to work.

Even my CTO charges rs100 extra 🙁 .It wud be better if ISP's introduce direct connection without the involvement of CTO's..

:huh: :huh: U guys pay Rs. 100 extra? I am using sify from so many years, i never paid even 1 rs extra!!Also these day the renuval team from from sify, their dealers to collect payment, neither i pay them 1rs also. :huh:

That way I am happy to be with Reliance. I pay 600 bucks a month(if taken quarterly) for 64Kbps unlimited. No port / data cap or crap like Sify's 150MB / day limit!

then i think i am paying the highesti have 64 kbps unltdi pay 550 (400 + 150)his service is no doubt excellent, can say there is no down timebut indeed the maintenance charge is very highby the way, i stay in mumbai

100 bucks "CTO charge" on all Sify packs in all areas in Thane. Infact I am somewhat luckier than my friends, who are charged 150 bucks each time to shift from ExattPacenetSify 🙁The biggest reason for this is that there are no clear cut rules from the ISP side...they just say CTO charges extra, which enables them to charge whatever they want causing high discrepancy from area to area. I only wish and hope TRAI sorts this out quickly.Here's hoping for a truly "happy" new year(may we all be blessed with atleast 256k unlimited 🙂 )Cheers.

amogh_gulwady, hope all you want. I am skeptical if we will ever get 256K unlimited! 😕