Cable Maintenance Charge

ashman007

[OP]
Oct 31, 2005
I renewed by subscription (1 month family pack 256 kbps unlimited (Rs.795 + Rs. 100)) and when I was given the bill/receipt, Rs.100 was charged extra as Service charges this month. When I called Sify Customer Service, I was told that it was a cable maintenance charge and it was being collected from all Sify subscribers every month.Is it true?The Cable operator in our area had not collected this charge when I started this subscription two months back and sprung this in the current bill.

shouvik

www.clubhost.in
Regulars
Jun 21, 2005
Delhi -NCR
Yes that is true. But our cable guy charge only Rs 50 and not Rs 100BTW, where are you from? Mumbai?Thanx

ashman007

[OP]
Oct 31, 2005
Yes, I am from MumbaiBTW, I would like to know if the disparity between two subscribers getting different services charges depends on which criteria. (citywise/cable operators whim/cable length)Thanks for the responseAshman007

max

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
yeah, he actually isn't supposed to charge anything. he gets paid by sify.

kingkrool

Regular
Regulars
May 3, 2005
Sify allows cable operators to levy this charge... not all do. I do not pay anything extra, if they asked me to, I would just stop using their service. Which wud be a pity, it has just started to work.

sri

Regular
Regulars
Nov 12, 2005
Even my CTO charges rs100 extra :( .It wud be better if ISP's introduce direct connection without the involvement of CTO's..

humm

YoYo!
Regulars
Oct 8, 2005
:huh: :huh: U guys pay Rs. 100 extra? I am using sify from so many years, i never paid even 1 rs extra!!Also these day the renuval team from from sify, their dealers to collect payment, neither i pay them 1rs also. :huh: