• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 5,917

krish_88

Regulars
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
Hi everyone post your SNR Margin,Line Attenuation,Data Rate For egSNR Margin-----------Line Attenuation ---------Data Rate---------------This is myneSNR Margin 14 22 dB Line Attenuation 45 31 dB Data Rate 256 256 kbps Hows myne and post your own adsl status

SNR Margin 12 20 dB Line Attenuation 40 23 dB Data Rate 256 256 kbps

SNR margin: 19 21Line Att: 48 31Data Rate: 256 256

one more useful parameter is the practical download speed that you get. As you guys must be using NU, you can check it out. Please download a file of about 2-3MB to get a stable download speed...

SNR Margin 31 22 dB Line Attenuation 18 11 dB Data Rate 256 256 kbps these values are after i solved my "disconnection after picking up phone" problem. the quality improved.

Originally posted by muttster`+Nov 19 2005, 01:05 PM-->QUOTE(muttster` @ Nov 19 2005, 01:05 PM)
SNR Margin 31 12 dB
Line Attenuation 25 38 dB
Data Rate 618 517
[/b]

Hi..I'm from Mumbai, near Fame Adlabs(Lokhandwala)..I get 53-54kBps..I'm on DSL NU but MTNL has misconfigured my line to higher speed 🙂Edit: My values are a bit better, these values are with the Fax on (on my other phone line)..

Mine isItem Downstream Upstream Unit SNR Margin 13 25 dBLine Attenuation 27 16 dBData Rate 256 256 kbpsGood or Bad?

Originally posted by powdermonkey@Nov 19 2005, 06:55 PM
Where you are from and what is the d/l speed u get?(while surfing).

i stay at mazgaon,mumbai. i get steady 28KBps download speed. and i think thats the max u can get in mumbai. this speed really depends only on the data rate. the stability of the connection depends on the other values ie.snr and line attenuation. if ur data rate isnt showing 256kbps then u have to contact mtnl and only they can rectify it since many have said that they set this value from their servers.

furthermore, i dont know why exactly 28KBps is the max anyone can get in mumbai when in delhi most ppl r easily getting 30-32KBps download speeds. coz theoretically, having a 256kbps connection is actually kilobits per second and not kilobytes. and since 8bits=1byte, we divide this number by 8 to actually get the really download speed in KB=KiloBytes. hence, 256kbps=32KBps. most ppl on this forum know all of this, but im just mentioning it FYI. now i know u cannot get exactly 32KBps practically but we shud easily get atleast 30KBps. but even thats not possible in mumbai and i dont know why anyone isnt concerned about it. maybe coz ppl r having much bigger probs with mtnl, that this prob hasnt been a big priority 😀

so if anyone gets 30KBps or more in mumbai OR if anyone agrees with me, plz speak up. thanx.

cool! You guys are getting gr8 download speeds! I am currently downloading at 6KBps on my 64Kbps connection 🙁

Originally posted by yohu123@Nov 20 2005, 12:52 AM
i stay at mazgaon,mumbai. i get steady 28KBps download speed. and i think thats the max u can get in mumbai. this speed really depends only on the data rate. the stability of the connection depends on the other values ie.snr and line attenuation. if ur data rate isnt showing 256kbps then u have to contact mtnl and only they can rectify it since many have said that they set this value from their servers.

furthermore, i dont know why exactly 28KBps is the max anyone can get in mumbai when in delhi most ppl r easily getting 30-32KBps download speeds. coz theoretically, having a 256kbps connection is actually kilobits per second and not kilobytes. and since 8bits=1byte, we divide this number by 8 to actually get the really download speed in KB=KiloBytes. hence, 256kbps=32KBps. most ppl on this forum know all of this, but im just mentioning it FYI. now i know u cannot get exactly 32KBps practically but we shud easily get atleast 30KBps. but even thats not possible in mumbai and i dont know why anyone isnt concerned about it. maybe coz ppl r having much bigger probs with mtnl, that this prob hasnt been a big priority 😀

so if anyone gets 30KBps or more in mumbai OR if anyone agrees with me, plz speak up. thanx.
[snapback]32658[/snapback]

There is a loss of 10-20% with ADSL technology.That is why we gets speeds of 28kBps.
The Delhi guys must be syncing in at 288kbps. Hence they get more speeds than us.
[/quote]