Post your Triband ADSL status

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 5,922
so muttster, isnt that kinda wrong from mtnl's side??? they shud know very well that due to adsl technology there is 10-20% loss so they shud compensate for it exactly the way they r doing in delhi in order to get correct 30-32KBps download speed. if they r already legally increasing the data rate from 256 to 288kbps in delhi, why not here???

ah...this is Mumbai, make-them-pay-through-their-noses-and-still-don't-give-them-good-service is the mantra that rules the city! Thats why! 🙁

ya . its numb-bai.. 🙁 doesnt care 🙁man i could doo so much more if my speed it increased to 32 kB!

thanx to powerontop and scuzzy, i called up the DE Internet(Mumbai) named Dilip. he was one of the very few who actually listened to the probs and had knowledge and access of mtnl servers, account records and authority to put suggestions, into action. so i told him about the 4KBps loss due to adsl and he agreed with me. and told me to write a mail mentioning exactly how the loss occurs and how to overcome it from the servers ie.by increasing the data rate to 288kbps. i also mailed to him about creating separate bills for triband and telephone. coz the service tax@10% levied on the entire telephone bill which includes the triband bill, has tripled coz of inclusion of triband charges in the bill. if we have separate bills then the breakup of the charges for triband will be mentioned properly and for which month the bill is. for eg. this time i got the bill for both sept and oct but nothing was mentioned about the dates. also additional mb usage charge was added which was for the month of sept but the date wasnt mentioned correctly so i assumed it was for oct. anywayz, he said that he will definitely discuss these suggestions with his superiors. i mailed this email on this thursday. lets see what comes out of it.

Originally posted by yohu123@Nov 26 2005, 01:07 AM
anywayz, he said that he will definitely discuss these suggestions with his superiors. i mailed this email on this thursday. lets see what comes out of it.
[snapback]33226[/snapback]
[/quote]

Excellent work. Please keep us posted.

yohu123, dont get your hopes up. He has probably forgotten all about it...

Originally posted by krish_88@Nov 19 2005, 12:29 PM
Hi everyone post your SNR Margin,Line Attenuation,Data Rate

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/975/mtnladslstats2ec.jpg

Item Downstream Upstream Unit SNR Margin 31 12 dB Line Attenuation 25 12 dB Data Rate 256 256 kbps

Originally posted by docmanya@Nov 27 2005, 05:09 PM
Item    Downstream  Upstream  Unit
SNR Margin 31    12          dB
Line Attenuation 25      12          dB
Data Rate  256        256      kbps
[snapback]33378[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey friends, do anybody knows how can we change these settings on our own? (after all these are being set in the router itself)

If you can change Data rate yourself, then you will have the same luck 🙂 as Airtel users a few days back (Seems that they got 1 mbps speed for some time)

SNR Margin 31 25 dB Line Attenuation 20 9 dB Data Rate 256 256 kbps is this good (wadala exchange) staying in dadar(mumbai)

SNR Margin 31 26 dbLine Attenuation 21 11 dbData Rate 256 256 kbpsWhat does this mean? Is it good or bad?