Airtel Mobile: 3G starting in india on 23 Aug

• Thread starter Thread starter webserver
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 6,797
Don't talk rubbish please and spread misinformation. 3G is nowhere near implementation. The government approvals aren't even in place. The spectrum hasn't been auctioned.This is the kind of rumour-mongering that leads people to people absurd things like the iPhone being priced inIndia for 12k.Mod, please delete this thread and possibly this user.

i was just thinking that even if 3G starts, how many people will use it if its expensive?i mean there are very few people who send MMS's (in fact i get to hear of MMS only in scandals 😛)3G might be preferred for internet but when it comes to calling, i believe indian mentality will restrict people from making video calls if there are higher costs like these providers are charging for MMS

heh. i have 30 mms free every month but still i send only 2-3 mms in a month.

yes, the trai guy already said 3G will be priced above the base value. internet included i think.

Don't talk rubbish please and spread misinformation. 3G is nowhere near implementation. The government approvals aren't even in place. The spectrum hasn't been auctioned.

This is the kind of rumour-mongering that leads people to people absurd things like the iPhone being priced inIndia for 12k.

Mod, please delete this thread and possibly this user.

spectrum ka auction 2months pehele ho geya hai... BTS problm( Nokia dkb 3sheild support for 3g) and also some chnges of TRAI police thts the reason of delay launching.... :dance:

wait and watch :thumbsup:

Wow am confused. Wasnt it just a few days back that Raja announced the guidelines for spectrum auction? And today i read the global players will be abstaining from the auction process.

spectrum ka auction 2months pehele ho geya hai... BTS problm( Nokia dkb 3sheild support for 3g) and also some chnges of TRAI police thts the reason of launching.... :dance:

wait and watch :thumbsup:

this is crap
everyday in the newspaper it comes that spectrum allocation in 2 months or 3 months, today it has come end of september.

stop the rumours, you have some source give the link

^ typical of the third rate journalism that thrives in India today. I have come across a surprising number of people who think that the iPhone 3G coming into India means that 3G is coming to India. Pathetic.btw on a side note, am I the only one who thinks that the major bottleneck in using internet on your phone is the processing capacity of most phones? I use my phone - a Nokia E51 (which has a lot of RAM and a fast processor relatively speaking) - and the rendering time of the browser is pathetic as compared to my computer. A desktop or laptop will load a certain page in 3 seconds, which it will take the phone 30 seconds to load! I think if we can just ensure steady EDGE speeds, we would be fine.

is the processing capacity of mobiles reducing the speed of surfing? i dont think so. i'm not an expert but i feel that the 220 MHz processor that i have in my more than 2 year old Nokia 6681, is capable of fast surfing.

I found something interesting. Checkout this news : Go for MID: It`s cheaper and faster than 3G

perhaps it could turn out to be the future too...
calling through internet telephony sites

I found something interesting. Checkout this news : Go for MID: It`s cheaper and faster than 3G

Look at the first sentence of the article. 3G mobile services, to be launched in India on August 22, is set to have serious competition. Seems like they are confusing iPhone release with 3G services...

BTW if they are really planning to launch devices on Wimax don't u guys think the connectivity will be crappy, considering the fact that even when we are putting up the base station of tata & relaince wimax connections on our terrace we still have issues getting a proper signal !

3G is lanched in pune by BSNL to select 2000 customers and allowing only video calls, and this is pilot project means they are testing 3G services in india. soon it will be starting in other cities.my friend is one in 2000 customers, he talked to CCE for same and get same response