• Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 9,853

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
World’s second largest maker of mobile phones Motorola is now going to manufacture mobile phones in India. They would now be starting to assemble mobile phones in India starting next month itself. The aim is to increase their market share in the ever-growing Indian market, which is adding more than a million mobile customers every month.

Allen Burnes, Vice President for mobile devices at Motorola spoke to reporters: “We shall start shipping made in India handsets in India by December.” With almost around 3 million new customers joining the mobile user market every month, it becomes important for all the top mobile manufacturers to have a presence here.

More: http://broadbandforum.co/305/161...hones-in-india/

w00t. We shall have something "Assembled in India" atleast. I am getting tired of every electronic product being "Made in China" 🙁

They arent that bad at all. But it just seems so unpatriotic! 😛 I havent seen a "Made in India" logo since I was 10!

umm. pretty much the same here. we tend to export a lot of things we make. tea, rice, carpets, handloom. everything.

Originally posted by max@Nov 17 2005, 12:01 PM
w00t. We shall have something "Assembled in India" atleast. I am getting tired of every electronic product being "Made in China" 🙁
[snapback]32306[/snapback]
[/quote]

Two weeks ago, I bought a blender. As usual it was made in china.

BUT the brand was Hamara Bajaj...

I really wish that to be true. I am in IT industry myself. Sadly, that is not the case.

IT companies in India do not even have a double-digit market share. They have many more miles to cover to have a significant impact.

This is what TCS had to say in 2002

I’ve never considered India as a superpower, you cannot become one with just two percent market share.

http://www.tata.com/tcs/media/20020104_kohli.htm

As someone wise once said - "Made by Indians is popular BUT Made in India isn't!"

Originally posted by max@Nov 18 2005, 12:45 AM
As someone wise once said - "Made by Indians is popular BUT Made in India isn't!"
[snapback]32424[/snapback]
[/quote]

U r correct...there are many Indians in software development, even if the companies are forign.

Yeah, we need to have Indian companies competing with foreign companies! We shouldn't have foreign companies employing us! 😕

than create demand. start using indian software. would u pay for an indian company's developed software?