Microsoft Office Updates

Bad Idea. Any software targeted at students has to be free coz they fall in the I-am-perennially-broke category. I thought Microsoft had come to its senses when they unveiled the VS Express series. Guess I was wrong.

it's one piece of software from MS that i'm pretty impressed with...the capabilities are simply awesome...but installing it and making it run flawlessly is a nightmare...i've had to scrap it and install Microsoft Live Communications Server 2005 coz of that...

Use Office 2007 for 6 months for Rs 1,499/- as subscription. Thats Rs 250.00 per month per person. Is it worth it?

its not. reasons?it gets expensive to use it with time.you never end up owning it.openoffice works fine...and ibm is working hard on making lotus symphony a worthy rival product.

umm looking at the quality of internet in india. OOO is a much better product. been using it since months now. works fine for my needs! google docs is too basic.what they need to do is to offer the software through EMI.get people to give them post dated checks ranging from Rs. 100 to Rs. 500.

umm looking at the quality of internet in india. OOO is a much better product.

lol, exactly what I was thinking.

I can just imagine an office depending on Google docs.

"Oh noes, the internet connection just died!"
"Yay! holiday today!"

^^^

+1 :rofl:

and on a more serious note.....

there are millions of ppl who are not techies and have not even remotely heard of open office. if you say office it is MS office to them. not all people out there are tech savvy, visit forums like this, and download and use open office. honestly how many among us only use open office ? and open office is good for a home user but has lot of challenges to tackle before businesses adopt it.

for some home users this may sound stupid because most use pirated copies. and for commercial users this really good I think. they have been using this for years and 'change' is what people dont like. I have seen this first hand. people fight to get MS office back on their systems.

The thing is most of the businesses already use MS office and if you are running your business the last thing you want is IT incompatibility between you and suppliers/vendors etc.

also a point to consider is the compatibility with other collaboration/email software of MS like sharepoint, exchange server etc

digitaldude, tsk tsk tsk...sorry buddy...you really gotta get yourself checked up 😛buwaaahahahahhahahhaa prepaid ms.office? oh COME ON. how can anybody lower themselves to such a freakin' low level? I mean, you purchase something. ITS YOURS AS LONG AS IT LASTS. You dont RENT stuff. Purchase it! 😛 or...use OOo 😀

Microsoft Office Live Workspace beta is now openMicrosoft has now made available the beta edition of their Office Live Workspace.Office Live Workspace is essentially a set of collaborative tools designed to complement their Office productivity suite. The company said that this online suite would enable the web users to store, share, and collaborate on Word, [...]

Microsoft Office Live Workspace beta is now open

US-CERT warns about Microsoft Office Access database flawUnited States Computer Emergency Readiness Team has issued a warning related to a flaw in the Microsoft Office Access database.This flaw could enable a hacker to install unauthorized software on the victim’s machine.The organization said that they are aware of instances where this flaw was used by sending [...]

US-CERT warns about Microsoft Office Access database flaw

Microsoft to deliver MS Office Service Pack 3 through Microsoft Update service Microsoft has stated that they would start delivering the controversial Service Pack 3 of their Office 2003 application suite through the Microsoft Update service. This service pack edition is somewhat controversial as it blocks access to older file formats in the applications. Microsoft claims that [...]

Microsoft to deliver MS Office 2003 Service Pack 3 through Microsoft Update service