250ms+ Ping on Indian Servers (Counter Strike 1.6)

• Thread starter Thread starter PsyGeek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 6,802

PsyGeek

ISP
Broadband
I am getting 250ms+ ping in counter strike's indian server. The ping almost equals to my ping on russian, poland, etc. servers [Note : The IP address of the BSNL default gateway was 117.197.48.1]. One day i found that my ping on Indian Servers went down to almost near 60ms and the default gateway was still the same. But after 2-3 days my ping changed back to as it was earlier, after a sudden internet connection disrupt (for a few secs). I use the BB Home Combo UL 750 Plan. My router is ITI DNA A211-1. I am from lucknow. ***It happens VERY RARELY that my router connects to 117.197.40.1 gateway which gives me much less ping (near 50ms)****

There is no other thing to do rather than disconnect and connect your router until you get that gateway which gives you better ping 🙂There should be a disconnect/connect button on your router, if not...then its waste. Get a router with that function and it saves you tons of time!I now use a TERACOM Wifi router which has it, I reconnect some 12 times daily to get the gateway I want 😉

117.197.... is an ip assigned to your connection by isp (Bsnl) and is not the gateway. ping time and internet speed and ip assigned depends lot on how many users from your telephone exchange are connected to internet. If you check in night you may get low ping time.

117.197.... is an ip assigned to your connection by isp (Bsnl) and is not the gateway. ping time and internet speed and ip assigned depends lot on how many users from your telephone exchange are connected to internet. If you check in night you may get low ping time.

You are completely wrong. BSNL (and all others) have IP gateways which assign specific IP depending on the IP gateway the user has been connected to. Like 177.197.x.x is a GATEWAY which assigns IP's based on that range. The routing to the internet and the ping is completely different on each gateway.