25 May Se Badal Rahe Hain Hum: Sony Television Channel in India

• Thread starter Thread starter designwebgraphic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 10,206
I was watching Entertainment ke liye kuch bhi karega programme today.. and as usual Farah Khan and Anu Malik started fighting.. What the crap..comon.. even a Gaawn waala can get to know that its unreal.. Cant they make a proper show without rona dhona :wall:

I dont see change in logos of both Sony MAX and SONY TV. Do they have different logos for DTH feed and CABLE feed?

I think all this hype was for nothing. And that farah khan program is the worst of all :frown:

Yes...Sony has changed. And this change is for the worse. Which means "More SHIT Guranteed". 😛

I dont see change in logos of both Sony MAX and SONY TV. Do they have different logos for DTH feed and CABLE feed?

Sony Logo is same, only bit bigger in size, than initial.

SONY looking for Sports & Regional channels

Even as the second season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) draws to a close, Hindi general entertainment channel Sony is looking to launch
a sports channel. After acquiring Channel 8, a regional Bengali movie channel, the broadcaster is also keen to acquire regional players on the lines of Star and Zee.
Sony has significant sports properties at the moment, such as the IPL rights, the New Zealand cricket series and the Football Association Challenge Cup.
Singh added the broadcaster was serious about getting a pure-play sports channel in its bouquet, though it already has Set Max, which is a mix of movies and cricket. \"We are evaluating the final contours at this stage, though it entails the acquisition of further sporting rights. Available business properties regarding tennis, football and golf could be added to the kitty by the year-end,\" Singh said.
In a bid to compete with Star India and Zee Entertainment which have a host of regional channels under their wing, Sony is also eyeing the regional market. \"It is a very big network. The regional market is coming into its own, especially in the South, which is a developed market,\" Singh said.
While Zee has a host of regional channels under its Alpha brand, Star has Ananda (Bengali), Vijaya (South) and Pravaha (Marathi).
Acquisition of sporting properties is big business. Following the decision to host IPL 2 in South Africa this year, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) signed a new deal with Multi Screen Media (MSM) and World Sports Group for Rs 8,200 crore. Sony retained IPL 2 for nine years, at a higher price. The first season of IPL had been secured for a little over $1billion.
Sony bid $50 million and secured the telecast rights for the New Zealand cricket for Set India, for four years. When Max was launched as a cricket and movies channel in 1999, it had the Sharjah rights as its key cricketing property.
Pix, the movie channel from MSM, bagged the rights to telecast UK's popular football tournament, the Football Association Challenge Cup, known as the FA Cup. The knockout cup competition in English football also entailed that Pix would have the rights to air a series of England International matches in which the national team would attempt to qualify for World Cup 2010 and European Cup 2012.

That means more money we have to shell out of our pocket for those 24 hours extra channels and to see the rest of the shows we dont like.

That Rani Padmini serial does look good. It could have been picturised better, I think... Rest all is crap.

in Sony max they have reduced the breaks in maha movie showing saturdays at 8pm but who needs that..if u watch movies in colors and in real breaks are few..in some movies they dont have ads or breaks even....thats good thing..and also they inreased the size of logo of sony,setmax and sony pix...which is really irritating..rani padmini is a nice show..and 10 ka dum is an average stuff....all others are regular stuff..but i appreciate them for new themese like bhaskar bharti and ladies special and palampur express..

Yes, Dus ka Dum is pretty average. also, it is not like usual Saas bahu crap we see on Star Plus.