How much can you download from 2 AM to 8 AM?

Originally posted by netfreak@Nov 16 2005, 08:44 PM
And to keep things in prospective, not many countries (and ISPs) would give you 256 kbps access for 200 rupees a month.
[snapback]32248[/snapback]
[/quote]Which is useless, when for most practical purposes, you finish 500 MB before the 2nd day, and pay a hell of a lot for every MB that you use, on that 256k line.

bugatti WHERE WERE YOU?! I CAN INSTANTLY IDENTIFY WITH YOU! I COULDN'T HAVE ANSWERED THOSE QUESTIONS BETTER MYSELF :*) Haha, Reliance, TATAs and others are SITTING on a HUGE Pile of Bandwidth. Tyco has 11000 Terabits of UNLIT OFC!!! And India isn't the only country that is dependent on others for bandwidth. Internet is all about sharing communications equipment! Everybody is dependent on others!They are just unwilling to release that bandwidth to the common people. WHY? Because these f******* businesses have a habit of ripping off people unless someone takes a first step at crashing the prices. Remember, Just 5-7 years ago, Orange (back then MaxTouch) were charging Rs.20-30 per MINUTE!!! And now? the tarrif has come down to 50p per minute! :angry:

Originally posted by prathapml@Nov 16 2005, 10:13 PM
Which is useless, when for most practical purposes, you finish 500 MB before the 2nd day, and pay a hell of a lot for every MB that you use, on that 256k line.

Hehe. I wrote the same exact thing to the editor of "The Hindu" news paper. Theirs was the first one to actually pin point the problem. Silly limits imposed by stupid ISPs will only kill the adoption of broadband in India. I am eagerly waiting for WiMAX or Reliance to start their broadband services. We can then see some kick a$$ action 🙂

hey sushubh, max the bond fan, says "bugatti, where WERE you?!" but hes just signed up on oct 6.... hehehe*SUSPICION*u still keeping an eye on him?

Originally posted by bugatti@Nov 16 2005, 09:00 PM
netfreak: France Telecom provides 20mbit dsl for 18 euros a month. It also provides 8mbit for 4 euros(220 Rs) a month(payable once in 2 months)
http://rodrigo.typepad.com/english/2005/09...ants_20mbp.html

Hey I could not locate the 4 euros plan, can you provide a direct link to that plan?

Thanks

Originally posted by prathapml@Nov 16 2005, 10:13 PM
Which is useless, when for most practical purposes, you finish 500 MB before the 2nd day, and pay a hell of a lot for every MB that you use, on that 256k line.
[snapback]32256[/snapback]
[/quote]

Most practical purposes... well I do not agree to that. Have a look at my usage.
View attachment 313

I have used just 90 MB so far (this month) and that includes surfing/chatting/voip/email.

Of course this is not the case with everyone. But it does mean that you can do a LOT with 400 MB in a month.

Originally posted by vishalrao@Nov 17 2005, 02:50 PM
hey sushubh, max the bond fan, says "bugatti, where WERE you?!" but hes just signed up on oct 6.... hehehe
wtf? I am NOT a bond fan! :blink: and "where were you..." was a figure of speech incase you didn't notice 😛 And I had previously posted regarding the TYCO and FLAG deal! This is the first time on the web that someone else posted it! 😀

and why are you/Sushubh spying on ME? :huh:

hehehe cloak-and-dagger stuff oooooo brrrrrrr

ok, i did some sleuthing 🙂 The clues that I had were - bond, 007, old member that was later banned. Well, I discovered that Agnivo007 was an old member of this forum and he was a great fan of "bond". He was later banned.Well i had a great laugh! Let me assure you that I am _not_ agnivo007. Well there isn't a way to prove otherwise but you will have to take my word for it. Well there is a way, Sushubh can check my IP and call up my ISP and ask him 🙄anyway, cyberwiz and vishalrao, were you guys suspicious that I was agnivo007 just because my profile had "Bond" written in it? If that was the only reason then your suspicion was unfounded. The title "Bond" was assigned automatically by the board because of my post count, which I changed yesterday. In my research I also discovered that agnivo007 came back under many aliases which is lame. I also found out that he spammed through PMs. Pathetic... 😕Besides, I dont know if this guy was a fan of linux. But I surely am 🙂

I know first-hand, that when you like a forum, its fun to know its history and dig into all the old stories! 😀

the most interesting part of the origin of this forum. it was to be related to search engine optimisation. now what is that!