Sify Family Pack 1 month 64 kbps (QAU1)

iamasifyuser

I need a clarification from existing users of this particular pack.

On the sify site it states that

if usage exceeds more than 150 MB in a given day, then there will be a reduction in validity of one day for every 25 MB of extra usage in that calendar day.This is applicable only between 8.00am and 10.00pm.Enjoy unlimited access between 10.00pm and 8.00am.[/b]

So what does it implies? If my download exceeds more than 150 MB between 8.00 am - 10.00 pm on a particular day, they are gonna reduce my net usage day by 1 day.

So can I schedule my downloads at night from 10.00pm and 8.00am, so that they don't affect my usage days?

My operator wouldn't provide me the answer, says he dosen't knows!

I would like to know the real deal? Is it actually UNLIMITED download between 10.00pm and 8.00am? Or there is a fine print somewhere, that I missed?

Thanks.

I have been going thru the forum and it seems that Sify client auto disconnects the session after a certain time. In that case how do I download a big file, which might take a while to download on this connecton?

its always better to use a download manager like DAP getright.also make sure that u logout at 21:59 and login at 22:01 in THEIR SERVER TIME.they claim that they disconnect and login again but it has a delay like say more then 15 minutes in their SERVER time itself. Hence better option is do it yourself.also logout at 7:59 in their server time for more sify protection.Hence in other words u have to guard your sify account from sify itself 😛😛

So, I can safely dabble with the 10.00pm and 8.00am scheme, without getting penalized for any download made during that duration?

Originally posted by iamasifyuser@Nov 15 2005, 04:41 PM
So, I can safely dabble with the 10.00pm and 8.00am scheme, without getting penalized for any download made during that duration?
[snapback]32045[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes. Welcome to strange world of SISY 😛