• Thread starter Thread starter shantam2005
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 46,734

shantam2005

IrRegulars
ISP
Maha Mediacom
Hello Everyone.I have ZTE ZXDSL 531B BSNL Type IV Modem.I want that if someone wants wireless access to my modem he should enter a password.Please guide me through the procedure of doing so.THANKS

from one of my posts.. (just searched n got it )
I will give you a vague idea !

login to http://192.168.1.1 and enter username/password . Normally it is admin/admin

Click on wireless -> Basic Wireless
Enable wireless [Check that box]
in SSID, give some name (you can change that utstarcom)
then click on save/apply

Now click on Security tab
For a beginner, you can click network authentication as open, WEP encryption key enabled, and choose 128 bit,
choose 1
then type any 13 Hexa digits (0-9, A-F) in 1st row !

eg :ABCDEFFEDCBA4 (total 13) Letter CASE matters !

then save n apply

now open network connection, check for wireless network, see the name you have mentioned, double click it, give the 13 digit key when asked for encryption key !

You should be able to browse with security enabled ! Dont ever keep your wireless open to public !

hope this helps !

from one of my posts.. (just searched n got it )

hope this helps !

Well i am not sure of the type but i think its type IV.
Going along the steps i did not find any option to set password.
All i could go was till enabling the WEP Encryption.

Pls advise....

what model router you have got?dont u see an option called wireless?down, there should be an option called security (there wont be any password, it is called passkey or authentication key)and when you msg someone(even me), include the details or it will be difficult to reply back !

Hi, I am not sure of the router but the moden is ZXDSL 531B. I can see the security option by in that there are following options: Select SSID : ZXDSL 531BNet Authentication : OpenWEP Encryption : Disabled Hope this helps.Let me know if you need any other option. ThanksRakesh

EDIT The SSID and give some of your choice !!Enable the Wep encryption.. that is what i gave in the original post !!128 bit encryption.. and give the key !! save /reboot !open the wireless network double click on the secured one it will ask you for password enter the same !!and connect it