should I choose bsnl or Reliance broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter crossword
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,820

crossword

ISP
bsnl
Hi,I live in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. I want to get broadband and am hesitating between Reliance and BSNL, which are the 2 main ones available here. I have read posts about both these which say that they inflate the bills and the usage hours so that some people have been shocked by getting bills of around ten thousand rupees. This is off-putting.I think the .4 GB monthly limit that BSNL offers will suffice for my needs. I can get this for Rs 250 a month. Or I can take the Reliance plan of Rs 300 a month which should give me about 10 hours a month at Rs 30 an hour @ 300kbps. This too should be fine for my needs. Actually I should get a few more hours since they say that Rs 225 worth of usage is free with this plan. So, either of these plans should be enough for me PROVIDING they calculate my usage properly. I dont download large files like music but I do download about 1 to 2 MB a day.Can anyone advise me which to go in for, reliance or bsnl? I have read bad stories about both broadbands and am worried. I certainly cannot afford to pay bills of thousands a month for broadband. I would prefer to choose the one that is less likely to inflate my usage hours.Also, I currently have bsnl phone connection which allows me to make 100 free calls for a rent of Rs 250 a month. I have heard that Relaince allows you to make 200 free calls for this same amount. Would it be a good idea for me to switch to Reliance for my phone connection or is there any catch here? how good is their phone connection? Bsnl has given good service in the sense that the phone seldom goes dead. But sometimes I have felt I have got inflated phone bills. Can anyone advise me on this too? Thank you.

I think you should go in for Reliance and not BSNL. Dunno about the services of either of the two ISPs but I have more trust in Reliance than BSNL. Also, please DONT multi-post...

Originally posted by Sushubh@Nov 11 2005, 09:09 PM
some one trust reliance? wow 🙂
Hehe. Old habits are difficult to break 😉 But Reliance it atleast better at CC than BSNL, MTNL. Service aint that bad at all 😉

Hmm..I'd go with BSNL IF you are sure about your usage.But remember it includes uploads too.And if some worm or something gets into your PC and you start uploading like mad..then be prepared for a nice BSNL bill 🙂With reliance, you'll be sure of what you are getting..No nasty surprises..10 hours..thats it.Also, how have you come to the conclusion that you download just 1 or 2mb/day ? IMO,thats way too low.unless you are caching everything and turning images off..etc..I personally,would go in for Reliance..provided they have enough uptime..That you can ask around and find out.....

hey crossword, just wait. i think icenet is good. also they r going for wi fi.
ya icenet prices are some high comapre to other companies in these days.

also airtel and bsnl is good. but for reliance,i dont have info.
if u have tariff for reliance, post here.

i think in ahmedabad, max. downloading speed is 400-500 kbps and uploading speed is 200 kbps, i checked it. if more, i dont know.

http://www.broadbandforum.co/Broadband-And...rice-t6611.html

^ responding to 8 month old topic , friend ! topic starter may not need guidance now !