Sheeeeee....fy speeds!

• Thread starter Thread starter sri
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5,508
Sify is quite good, the problem is at last mile i.e. CTO creates this kind of problems due to their poor maintenance. I also changed to BSNL due to this kind of problem.

+1

Same thing with me too. I am now on BSNL too

Dump Sify. I think Sify should be shut down. Nobody wants their outdated service.

Wimax is a really good medium for internet connection, but since wimax technology greatly depends on line of sight if you are not close to one of your isp's tower or if there are too many obstacles (Like buildings) b/w the antenna & the tower then it will result in poor connectivity. Check if anyone close to your house has Wimax installed & also confirm that thier signal strength or 'CINR' as quoted by TATA wimax is above '20' then you can happily take a wimax connection & enjoy better connectivity.But on the other hand if you know you have issues, go for wired broadband preferably from BSNL/MTNL or Airtel etc again check for other who have these connections close to your house and take thier opinion.Remember it's always the locality you are in that matters rather than the general opinion of all of us....

guys,finally got rid of sickfyyy:rofl:...Need suggestions on reliance wimax&netconnect..still confused after reading several threads...:huh:Are wimax&netconnect same?Also enquired reliance regarding netconnect but they told me speeds would range from 20 to 40kBps...i feel rather than opting for this service i would use MTNL dialup service which am presently using. Also there is no broadband service provider in my area except sify&fivenet..How is fivenet service?are they reliable&what about download speeds?